Broken ~ Ch62

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

It was just past 9pm when the boys came back to Hyungwon and (Y/n)'s hotel room after their exchange. They were sure that they would be back at 8pm at the latest but on their way back, Jooheon somehow convinced them all to stop at Panda express for takeaway. On contrary to I.M's initial thoughts, the exchange had been completed without a hitch. Shineé just so happened to be great guys, making the boys realise that not every group under a mafia were assholes.

I.M tried to contact (Y/n) multiple times- just to check in because he knew that despite how much she hid it that she was nervous too. So he texted her often- around 10 times in total, in fact. Some before the exchange but mostly after realising that she still hadn't seen his messages by the time the exchange was through with. The boy understood that she was spending time at the sauna today- that was her plan, at least. But he thought that surely she would be done by now.

"(Y/n)! We're back!" Hyungwon announced as he walked back into the hotel room, I.M and Jooheon both on his trail. I.M had no choice but to follow Hyungwon into the livingroom as the Chae sibling sat down on the sofa and began rumaging through the takeaway bags. I.M had no choice but to pretend like he took no interest in where (Y/n) was or what she was doing- or why she wasn't answering Hyungwon's call.

"We brought back some takeaway. Are you hungry?" Hyungwon calls out again, hollering over to (Y/n)'s closed bedroom door as he opened his box of chicken wings. As he waited for some sort if response, Hyungwon torned on the tv. Other than I.M, it was Jooheon who first took notice of (Y/n)'s lack of apperance. Jooheon didn't know the girl too well on a personal level but he knew for sure that by now she would have replied to her brother.

I.M- who knew the girl far better than anyone in the group, by now was 100% positive that something was wrong. His uneasiness had only grown stronger since he took his seat beside Hyungwon, (Y/n)'s deafening silence itching his very soul. Wasn't replying in silence his thing, he thought?
"(Y/n)? Do you want some food?" Hyungwon asked again, asking a bit louder as he assumed that his sister couldn't hear him.

But after another long dreary silence, Hyungwon finally took a moment to realise that something didn't feel right here. The boy put down his chicken wing, now lifting his head towards (Y/n)'s closed door. The other boys were already on the same page, all of them sharing looks that showed their concern.
"(Y/n)?" Hyungwon asked again sternly, his brows furrowed as he began slowly standing up from his seat.

The boy then walked to her closed door, knocking on it loudly so that she could hear him if she was asleep- or possibly in her on-suite shower. But still after that, he was greeted with pure silence.
"(Y/n)?..." Hyungwon asked again, his voice softer and full of confusion as he walked into her room- no longer waiting for the okay to go in.

It was only when he was about two steps in that both I.M and Jooheon had concluded that she wasn't in the apartment, them both sharing a knowing look to eachother from where they were standing behind Hyungwon. They watched as Hyungwon searched (Y/n)'s room hesitantly, clearly confused as to where she was. (Y/n) wouldn't have left the hotel without at least a text so where was she, her brother thought?

"Check in your room." Jooheon whispered into I.M's ear quietly, knowing that (Y/n) had the keycard to I.M's room- so maybe the girl was waiting in I.M's room for him to come back. And although I.M nodded and began rushing over to his hotel room while Hyungwon checked (Y/n)'s bathroom- I.M had a feeling that she wasn't going to be there either. She wouldn't go to his room if he wasn't there, she would have nothing to do.

And even while being 100% confident that she wouldn't be there, he checked anyway- looking in his bathroom, under his bed covers and on his balcony to see if she was there. But again, nothing. She was nowhere in sight- the girl had dissapeared and had successfully made I.M increasingly nervous. As he fast walked back into Hyungwon's room, he gave (Y/n) a call and cursed when she didn't pick up.