Chapter 12

Ichiro was on top of the walls of Mondstadt, practically invisible to those below as he saw two figures and one floating... Fairy?

"Hmm," Ichiro thought as he narrowed his eyes on the three new arrivals. "Ruichiro." He quietly called out.

"You want me to spy on them?" Ruichiro read his mind as Ichiro nodded. Ruichiro groaned. "Why does it have to be me? Why can't you do it?" He whined.

"I can't compromise my position as a Fatui Harbinger. I haven't been seen or identified by mortals in 500 years. I'm sure the traveller and that floating fairy would soon hear of the Fatui and besides, you're always complaining on not having enough time to control the body. I'll let you control the body most of the time but you have to befriend and investigate on the traveller." Ichiro explained as Ruichiro sighed.

It was also because Ruichiro was more known in Mondstadt since everytime they go to Mondstadt, Ichiro always gives control to Ruichiro to keep his identity hidden and to maybe let Ruichiro have his own separate life.

"Fine." Ruichiro muttered. "Why do you want to find information on them anyway?" Ruichiro asked.

Ichiro shrugged. "Just a hunch. Besides don't you find anything strange about that traveller?" Ichiro asked as he watched the traveller follow the outrider he remembered as Amber as Ruichiro had encountered the outrider when Ichiro had a meeting with Celestia.

"That strange floating fairy she has?" Ruichiro asked.

Ichiro shook his head. "No, it's her outfit. I don't recognize it as a design or clothing from any other nation. And it's design is quite unique, no?" Ichiro asked as he jumped down from the top of the wall and hid behind one of the houses where no one was present.

Ruichiro sighed. "I guess? Can we switch now?" Ruichiro asked as Ichiro nodded.

Soon, the body had grown slightly smaller and the eyes and hair had changed. After the switch, Ruichiro sighed in relief as he began to stretch his limbs.

"Finally." He breathed out. He took off the glasses and the bandages wrapped around his neck to reveal his clean and bare skin unlike Ichiro's neck. He hid the glasses, bandages and rings in his suit jacket pocket.

"Now, where to next?" Ruichiro quietly asked as he strolled around Mondstadt, occasionally smiling and waving at the people who greeted him as he passed by.

"Seeing as the traveller was being accompanied by the outrider, our best guess should be by the Headquarters." Ichiro told him.

"Mm, let's head to the library to pass the time. If we're in luck and Lisa's in a good mood, we might gain access to the restricted section." Ruichiro muttered as climbed up the stairs but before he can even enter the headquarters, a sudden change of weather and a roar in the sky caught their attention.

Dvalin, or more commonly known as Stormterror nowadays, was flying above Mondstadt and had created multiple hurricanes that damaged the plaza.

As Ruichiro, was about to head up and help, Ichiro stopped him.

"Don't interfere. Look down the plaza." He told him.

And as Ruichiro looked down at the plaza, a certain bard was hiding within the narrow alleyways in between buildings.

"Then look up." Ichiro told him.

Ruichiro looked up and saw the traveller, fighting Dvalin with a windglider while using a unique anemo power.

As the situation calmed down, Ruichiro decided that it was time to enter the Headquarters and wait for the traveller.

As he entered, he passed by Kaeya, who seemed to be in a hurry. He was such in a hurry that he hadn't even noticed Ruichiro.

As Ruichiro was about to open the door to the library, the door opened from the inside to reveal everyone's favorite librarian.

"Oh, hello there Rui. What brings you here?" The librarian politely asked with a smile. "Oh, I just wanted to try my luck and maybe get access to the restricted section?" Ruichiro let out a sheepish smile as Lisa smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so? Well, I'm afraid I'm locking up the library for now. There's an urgent matter that Jean wants me to lend a hand in." She explained.

"Really, what is it? The Acting Grandmaster hardly ever calls you for help." Ruichiro acted oblivious.

Lisa sighed. "I know, but it seems a traveller has arrived in Mondstadt and has caught her attention. Hm, Ruichiro, would you like to lend us a hand as well? I know you aren't part of the knights but I've seen you fight before and you're quite intelligent, would you like to come with me?" She asked.

While not being a knight, Ruichiro was known inside of Mondstadt as one of the strongest fighters in the adventurer's guild with him taking on the most dangerous commisions that most of the adventurers decline.

"Wow, this was definitely easier than getting to meet the Tianquan a couple years ago." Ichiro muttered.

Ruichiro let out a smile. "Of course, anything to help relieve Jean of a couple responsibilities." Ruichiro told her as he followed Lisa to Jean's office.

Lisa opened the door to Jean's office to reveal Jean on her desk, stressing about the current situation. Jean looked up to see Lisa and Ruichiro.

"Lisa and... Rui? What are you doing here?" She asked. "I asked for Rui's help on our situation. He's quite knowledgeable on many things, some might even wonder if he studied in Sumeru to be this knowledgeable." Lisa teased.

"Ehe, you're too kind, Lisa." Ruichiro chuckled as he scratched the back of hi head but on the inside, both him and Ichiro were sweating.

A few years before they had come to Mondstadt, Ichiro had enrolled inside an academy in Sumeru about the same time as Lisa. When the Lesser Lord Kusanali had told Ichiro that there was a prodigy inside the Academy of the Land of Wisdom, he became curious and decided to hide himself among the students.

While they were sure that Lisa had never even spotted them nor has she ever been informed of their existance, they still can't help but to get nervous.

As the three of them waited patiently inside the office, with Lisa reading a book, Ruichiro doing some of Jean's paperworks on the nearby table, despite her protests, and Jean leaning on her desk.

Jean glanced at the clock as each second passed by. Getting impatient, she stood up and headed for the door but was stopped by Lisa who glanced back at her.

"Jean, what's the hurry? I thought we agreed that we'd meet them here?" Lisa asked as she closed her book and out it down by the railings as she faced Jean.

Jean frustratedly sighed. "There have been sightings of Stormterror outside the city. Once we meet, we must-"

"Relax, we'll lend a hand when the time comes." She said as both women glanced at Ruichiro who nodded in agreement. "See, even the mighty Ruichiro of the adventurer's guild is going to help us. There's no need to hurry." Lisa tried to ease the woman and as if on cue, the door opens to reveal Kaeya and Amber with the traveller and its companion.

"Jean, I've brought them."

Inside Ruichiro, he could feel Ichiro grin as he too, could barely contain one himself.

Things are about to get interesting...

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!