Special Chapter: Irodori Festival Part II

A/N: I'll be skipping part 2 of the Irodori Festival since I can't really find a way to fit the twins in the story.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

Ruichiro had woken up early in the morning and had dragged Ichiro with him. Today was the day they released 'The Statue of her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder'.

"I still don't get why we have to buy it. We literally have the real one in Tenshukaku." Ichiro groaned.

They were currently staying at Tenshukaku for the time being. Despite Ichiro's protests and annoyance, Ei had insisted that they stayed there. Their relationship with the Shogun had spread like wild fire inside the servants and soldiers inside Tenshukaku, including Kujou Sara.

They were given strict orders to stay quiet of the matter by Ei and a little bit of threats by Ichiro.

"Yeah, but it's adorable! We have to get one to bring it back home!" Ruichiro exclaimed excitedly as Ichiro only sighed. He honestly just went with Ruichiro to make sure he doesn't die in the process. Not that any mortals had any chance against Ruichiro.

When they got there, there was loud chatterings and a long line by the store.

"I'm sorry, but that was all we had today." The storekeeper told one of the customers.

Hearing this, Ruichiro pouted at the thought of never getting a hand on one of the figurines.

"Well, I guess that was-" Ichiro cut himself off as he saw Ruichiro's expression which made him sigh.

He looked around to see if anyone else had bought one in case he could buy it from them but saw no one else that early in the morning. He looked back to his brother who was pouting at the store and looked like he was about to cry any moment.

"Look, there's nothing we could do alright? Maybe if they sell another batch in the future, I'll buy you a hundred of them okay?" He asked softly. Ruichiro let out a small nod.

Ichiro sighed. "He's not going to get over this soon." Ichiro thought to himself. But he suddenly lit up as he thought of an idea.

He immediately grabbed Ruichiro's shoulders and forced him to face him.

"Stay here, alright? I need to do something real quick." Ichiro told him. Ruichiro nodded at him, still feeling down on missing out on the figurine. Ichiro gave him a quick soft smile as he sits Ruichiro down in a nearby bench. He pats him on the head before running off. Ruichiro just stares at his brother's retreating figure as he wonders what his brother could be doing at the early hour.

Little does he know, Ichiro was actually going to the Narukami Shrine to try and ask Miko if they had a spare figurine for Ruichiro.

Celestia have mercy on him.

After a few hours of strolling around the plaza and buying snacks with the money that Ichiro had given him that he was supposed to use for the figurine, Ruichiro soon caught sight of the traveller.

"Lumine!" Ruichiro called out as he waved at them and approached.

"Rui!" Lumine greeted with a smile as she waved back while Paimon his behind Lumine.