Chapter 18

"There he is!" Paimon pointed to where Ruichiro was. He was currently talking to Sara who had just served him some Mondstadt Hashbrown.

"Rui!" Paimon yelled as they approached him. Ruichiro turned to where the three were and smiled and waved at them. He thanked Sara for the food as she went back to the counter.

"Ooh, those look delicious!" Paimon said as she was about to grab a piece of Hashbrown from his plate but her hand was slapped away by Ruichiro. She immediately pulled her hand back as she pouted and rubbed her hand.

"Now now Paimon, it's very rude to touch someone else's food." Ruichiro lectured her. He then looked at the bard behind them who was looking at them wide eyed.

"Hello there, I don't think we've met before." Ruichiro told him with a smile.

Ichiro snorted. "Well duh, we were purposely avoiding him." He said as Ruichiro fought back the urge to roll his eyes in front of the traveller.

"Uh- no, I'm Venti the bard! Three-time winner of the "Most Popular Bard of Mondstadt" to be precise." He boasted as he regained his composure.

"Oh, that's amazing! I'm Ruichiro. I'm a traveller like Lumine. Speaking of which, I'm afraid I'll have to cut this short but I have to pack up. I'm leaving today to travel again." Ruichiro said as he ate his last Hashbrown and stood up.

"Oh, so soon?" Venti asked, trying to get more information on the mystery man. "I'm afraid so. After all, I've been staying here for months now. It's about time I start travelling again." Ruichiro told them.

"He's been here for months? How come I've never seen him before? Well, he did tell us that he was a traveller so he probably entered the Adventurer's Guild and explores a lot." Venti thought.

"Oh? Where do you stay at?" Venti asked. "I stay at the Goth Grand Hotel." Ruichiro explained. "Goth Grand Hotel? Isn't that place filled with Fatui?" Paimon asked as Ruichiro internally panicked.

"Calm down, just tell them..." Ichiro relayed...

"Yeah, which is why I usually go out to commisions often and go back late at night. The Fatui there are so intimidating and scary." Ruichiro shivered.

"Alright then, we'll leave you to pack up now." Lumine said as they bid him goodbye.

The ride to Liyue was spent with silence. Both of them still in an awkward silence. Ichiro and Rosalyne were used to these situations. They have been in a relationship for more than 400 years.

As the carriage stopped in front of Ichiro's mansion, Rosalyne climbed out of the carriage but looked back in confusion as she saw that Ichiro stayed back.

"I'll be heading to Snezhnaya first. I need to have a word with the Tsaritsa. I'll be giving her the Gnosis as well." He said as he held his hand out. She took the Gnosis and safely placed it on his hand as Ichiro pocketed it.

"Childe should be informed of your arrival by now. There are servants there who will help you with anything you need." He informed her as she nodded. Rosalyne decided to be petty and just went inside the mansion without a word as Ichiro sighed.

It was always like this when things get tough. They'd suffer in awkward silence and she'd give him the silent treatment for a few days until Ichiro makes it up to her.

Ichiro closed the carriage's door as it began to move towards the harbor.

Rosalyne sighed as she took off her mask and sat down in front of the vanity mirror. She looked in her reflection as her hand instinctively touched the burned part of her face.

The burns have subsided thanks to Ichiro's help that day but still left scars.

She took off all her accessories and changed into some sleep wear and slid into bed. She stared outside the balcony as she saw the full moon, greeting her with its serene light.

They were the only ones who understood each other's feelings.

They were the only ones who know how true pain feels.

But why is it that sometimes, she can't help but see just how different they truly were.

Rosalyne stood outside the building with a glass of wine in hand as the full moon shined brightly. The loud chatter from the gathering inside were still heard from where she was standing.

She was just announced as the new addition to the Harbinger ranks of the Fatui yet here she was, avoiding all the commotion. She sighed.

She turned around as she heard footsteps approaching her. It was Ichiro.

The man who had saved her from burning away. The man who had brought her to the Fatui. The man who welcomed and introduced her to, what she now recognizes as, her family.

Her savior.

She stared at him in shock. After he had dropped her off to Pierro in Liyue Harbor, she hadn't seen him for the past 10 months. During those 10 months, she had heard rumors of what Ichiro was like with the Fatui.

He was known as the confident and sly Harbinger everyone feared. Everyone was always on guard with him. She also found out that he was put on a temporary hiatus by order of the Tsaritsa.

"My, my. Has the little pyro moth finally found her calling?" Ichiro teased with a wide smirk, making Rosalyne scoff.

That evening was full of jokes and laughter the two shared beneath the moon, away from any prying eyes.

Maybe that was when she fell in love with him. Or maybe it was when he saved her like an angel sent from the heavens. More like a devil in disguise, really.

They were all twisted in some sick way and it disgusted Rosalyne. But whenever it was just the two of them, she slowly forgets about her worries and focuses on the heterochromatic eyes that manages to calm and comfort her in some weird inexplicable way.

A contagious smile that blows away all her worries and a calm and comforting voice that could put anyone into a state of euphoric sleep.

She, of course, heard about his tendency to sleep around which surprised her. From what she'd seen before, he looked like a perfectly innocent and charming man that wouldn't dare to hurt a fly.

Despite knowing this, she still got closer to him and eventually got into a relationship with him and slept with him.

To Ichiro, she was something different from everyone else. His curiosity got the best of him and ended up coming back for more.

When they had decided to start an official relationship, they had hit a few minor bumps. After all, creating a romantic relationship based off of sex was the worst thing anyone could ever do, whether they admit it or not.

And yet, it didn't turn out to be as bad as she thought. Hell, she even married him.

But if you were to ask Rosalyne why she decided to marry Ichiro, she wouldn't be able to offer an answer.

If you were to ask Ichiro the same question, he'd come up empty handed.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: Double update? o_O

This is by far, my favorite chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!