chapter 1 - beginning of the tragedy

- third pov -

that's it, i really couldn't finish this. y/n thought to herself as she stood up and walk to the queue to throw away the leftovers.

she had lunch alone, like always. because she's not the best when it comes to making friends. it's not like she doesn't want to, people just avoids her from the thoughts of her being described as 'too pretty' in the 12th grade, so people feel inferior to be friends with her. scared to be judged.

y/n is throwing her leftovers away as a loud scream coming from her left shoulder and fully stole her attention. she flashed a confuse look while looking at students running from outside. they just kept coming. some even made the closed door cracked. everyone around her freaks out and began to run as she saw some more students with blood around them. without thinking a lot, she ran towards the school kitchen that are now burning while trying to avoid bumping to anyone until someone with a messed up face began running her way, trying to bite her. she pushed them away while reaching for the cutting board beside her and hitting the person she just pushed. she use this moment to grab the nearest available knife and ran outside the kitchen. the fire sprinkler made the room so slippery.

y/n found herself standing on a lunch table in the middle of the room realizing how bad the situation is. everybody looked just like in the movies, zombies. "what is happening?" she look around before spotting some normal looking students getting out of the cafeteria from a small window. she ran to them immediately. "cmon i'll help you" says a boy that looks a little younger from y/n, taking out his hands. "thank you" as she's trying to fit into the window and reaching the floor. she's out of the cafeteria and met a girl who was about her shoulder height looking like she was waiting for someone.

but y/n didn't think twice to hurriedly ran towards the small alley in front of her leading to the parking lot beside the school just to meet more zombies around. a truck then came with a full speed uncontrollably and crashing a moment after. this made her ran back into the school dodging and stabbing every single person she sees running towards her.

it doesn't seem like she have an idea on where to go. the only place in mind was somehow her classroom. she's on the stairs, surviving. running through the hallways just to get to her classroom, hoping she would find someone uninfected.

couple of blocks away before she reached her classroom door and finding out that none of her classmates that are in the room are alive. "oh this is fucked" she was bothered with a zombie trying to attack her from behind. reflexively, she stabbed them right in the neck making herself gasped.

she ran her way back through the hallways before stopping at the sound of someone talking. it came from the girls bathroom.

---

a/n hello everyone!! sorry that it took me kinda long to make the first chapter, i was confused on how i should start it but i hope you enjoy this chapter even though it turned out quite short :( but every votes are really appreciated, thank you and i'll see you on the next chapter!