chapter 2 - a cigarette

- y/n's pov -

"we're not zombies you bitch." a voice was heard inside of the bathroom. i peeked from outside just to see 2 people with their achery outfits blocking my vision from who's inside the bathroom. one of them were pointing an arrow at them. zombies can't point arrows nor can they talk, not possible. "hey, i think they're okay--zombies don't curse" says the guy in front of me. the other woman replied "shoot if they turn." with that, he aimmed his arrow. "you crazy bitch we're not zombies!"

a loud painful sound came from the school speakers. one are in the bathroom, stopping whatever they're doing right now. "students and teachers of hyosan highschool, i'm park sun hwa the english teacher. something strange is happening throughout the school. some students are attacking people indiscriminately, so please find a safe place and take shelter." she then continued "and if any student or faculty hears this and is able, please call the police and the fire department." i don't have my phone with me.

"students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. if you can get out of the school, please get out. i repeat, some students are..." she's sobbing. i began to slowly walk inside the bathroom. "guys, you're okay right? you're not hurt, right? i don't know what's going on or why this is happening. still, find a safe place and hide. i'm sorry i can't be of any help. don't get hurt, okay? lets stay alive and meet again." i'm glad to know someone's alive. as a matter of fact, i'm with some right now. i hope everything's gonna be fine soon.

"when did you get here?" the question distracted me from my thoughts. it is park mi jin, the woman i never talk to. "just now? i heard you cursing from outside the bathroom." all eyes on me. she let out a sigh.

- time skip -

"hey lift me more." mi jin said. "that's the highest i can go." the other guy that's in the bathroom too named joon sung is lifting up mi jin on his shoulders, archery guy that's called min jae if i'm not mistaken, is doing the same to ha ri. "get on your tippy-toes" mi jin then continued. "i did!" i pursed my lips. "hey, let me try" i said. "lifting her up?" joon sung replied while bending down, getting mi jin off of his shoulders. "yeah."

mi jin was silent to this until "don't you make me fall to my ass." she replied as i squat down to make it easier for her to get on my shoulders. "oh i won't." i'm a little taller than mi jin and joon sung, you can tell. "i can see a lot better". "don't insult me like that." said joon sung replying to mi jin.

"do you see anything?" min jae asked ha ri. "shit, there are so many zombies" the girl on my shoulder replied. "hey, let me down" ha ri patted his shoulder. "let me down, careful" as i slowly get down on my knees, letting her down. "what do we do?"

"first, do you have a cigarette?" the girl smokes. "i don't smoke" ha ri replied with her resting face. "you totally look like a smoker--hey, what about you?" she asked while nudging min jae. "ah i don't smoke" he replied. "don't mess with me". "i really don't!"

"is that how you talk to a senior? want to die?" mi jin replied. "whatever, look who's talking." this stole ha ri's attention "hey, who taught you to talk like that to a senior?" he gave up and said "sorry." mi jin looks at him up and down, annoyed "i'm the one you should apologize to. athletes are all douchebags, fuck."

"watch your mouth". "watch your body" they won't stop won't they. "must you guys fight right now? don't you have brains? are you babies?" everyone glanced at joon sung. "sorry" mi jin quickly grabs her broom stick. "i said i was sorry!"

"mi jin" as i reached my pocket. she immediately turned her head. i take out my hand, holding a pack of cigarette. " i have one left." she lightly widened her eyes. "why won't you tell me earlier?" while grabbing the pack out of my hand. "you never asked." i said while slightly pouting my lips. that's my last cigarette and i'm handing it out to park mi jin, the woman i've never talk to before like i said.

i stared at her with a poker face before hearing her saying "thank you" which made me took off my glance off her. "that's it, lets get out of here" the same woman said while lighting out my cigarette with the broom stick on her armpit. "how can we leave? they'll eat us all if they see us. if you want to leave, go by yourself. i'm not going."

"what about you?" she said turning her head once again. "don't ask. i'll do whatever i feel like." ha ri quickly replied. "what a cold bitch. hey, make some weapons. come on." speaking of weapons, i still have a kitchen knife on my hand.

---

a/n hi hi, i'm back here with a little longer chapter, my phone is dying so i hope this is okay!! again, every votes are appreciated and i'll see you on the next chapter <3