chapter 9 - juniors

- y/n's pov -

ha ri are just done hitting dae su but he's still hiding behind the basket like before. everyone's quiet except for me and mi jin, "how long have you been smoking anyway?" i quietly asked. "almost 3 years ago. you?"

"i don't know--maybe 2 years ago. i took one of my dad's cigarettes without him knowing." she chuckled.

our small conversation are ruined by su hyeok. i knew his name from his friends mentioning it earlier.

he's shaking and kicking the basket of volley balls dae su used to cover himself from ha ri ahead of time. it seems like su hyeok is checking the basket for something, what does he got in mind? "what are you doing?" joon yeong stood up and asked. "don't you think we can get out using these?" su hyeok immediately answered.

this made everyone stood up including me, to listen to what this boy is planning on. "we can tie the carts together in a circle and go inside to escape."

we started gathering stuff, some people have already tie thr baskets together with the other things we got gathered. su hyeok's still explaining things since it was his idea.

i caught mi jin walking around without doing anything, it's like something's not it for her. i walked up to her before she stopped me on what i'm doing right now, "hey, it won't work like this." she spoke out to everyone "we should flip it completely and hide underneath." while flipping the board tied to one of the basket, showing us her suggestion. "no we should stand it up." wu jin disagrees, "you think the zombies can't climb this?" this will lead to an argument. "this is enough."

"don't be stupid, untie them all. let's redo them." mi jin started to untie, "it's too short of we close the lids. what? you want crawl?" said joon yeong. "just because you're a senior doesn't mean you can act like that." joon yeong grumbles. "i don't think this is about seniors or juniors." i replied hastily. "what did you say?"

"if you don't like it just make it on your own." he's back to the first topic. "hey." she poked joon yeong's head on purpose, "what are you doing?" wu jin approach joon yeong. "stop that." i began walking towards ha ri to stand beside her "ha ri, stop her." ha ri turned her head to me gesturing, for me to do what wu jin told her to do. i scoffed, "why would i?"

"handle your girlfriend." i widened my eyes to what she just said. "what do you mean?" i nervously laugh. she said it in a quite hearable voice, some of the juniors moved their attention to us. "i heard your whole confession." she slightly smirked. that wasn't like ha ri at all. "from the beginning?"

"not quite. your voice woke me up." it was dumb and embarrassing for me to have that kind of conversation with my someone i like while people are around me, not forgetting the fact that i mentioned ha ri to mi jin too and she heard it all. this is actually the first time i talked directly to ha ri and it's not going so well.

"say that again." mi jin interrupted our conversation and i'm glad. "so what if you're older. stay out of our way."

"hey." she pushed joon yeong and ran her hand to his head before she's stopped by joon yeong himself and she swiftly goes to kick him on one of his legs. he's leaned down in pain "fuck you." and cursed out. ""fuck you? fuck you?"" she goes to hit him again before su hyeok stopped her. "get out of my way."

"cut it out. you too, joon yeong." su hyeok's trying to seperate them from arguing. "who the hell is she to tell us to redo it?" said the boy with a scar across his face to su hyeok. ""who the hell is she?" you rude prick." su hyeok moved his head to her "you're coming with us right?"

"you're the ones coming with us." mi jin defended. "we're not leaving our seniors right?" su hyeok questioned him, "of course not." i was looking around to see how many juniors we met last night when i saw 2 familiar faces near me. i took a look on his name tag and it says there, 'cheong san' and a girl that's wearing a white-ish jacket beside him. it was the students i met on the cafeteria, the boy that helped me and the girl that was waiting for him.