chapter 10 - the circle carts

- y/n's pov -

we're now back gathering more stuff we could possible need to make the baskets or carts you might say, tied together for us to escape.

everyone is chatting while i just pay attention to each and one of them while helping cheong san sorting out the things we can use to make some protective pads. he toke out two baseball gloves from a yellow box, "yeah we could use this one." i spoke pointing the one he holds on his left hand before he sorted it to another cart for the stuff we need.

i catched him looking at something in the cart we are sorting, have he found something useful?

cheong san took out the thing he just stared at and it's a piece of chocolate bar. he moved his attention to me with a slight suprised face and i decided to tell the others. "guys. he found a chocolate bar."

everyone suddenly turned their sights at us before all the boys juniors approach us. "let me see." said dae su then taking the bar. "can we eat it? it's past the expiration date."

"can't we just eat it?" su hyeok respond. "of course we can."

all of us started to gather in a circle to share the small piece of expired chocolate bar. i'm standing on mi jin's left and ha ri standing opposite the two of us. "you have to take tiny bites. we all have to take a bite, okay?" dae su handed it to wu jin. "me first?" he took the bar and bite it a little too much. "damn it. i said take a small bite!"

"i only ate this much." he pictured with his hand how big the bite is. "selfish prick." the girl i met proceed to bite next, she took a small bite softly before handing it to mi jin.

"i already ate." she handed it to me, "no, you eat it." i quickly replied. "just eat it." she repeats my words. i pursed my lips before turning to look at everybody's impatient expressions all on their faces, either staring at me or the chocolate bar i'm holding.

we might annoyed eachother but seeing the juniors hungry faces stopped me from eating it. "i'll past." a sigh came out of my lips.

the pink vested girl took the small chunk of choco bar and eat it carefully, then passed it to nam ra. without saying anything, she hand it to su hyeok.

he took a bite and pass it to cheong san while he enjoys the sweet in his mouth.

cheong san quickly took a bite and it's ha ri's turn, "i already ate too, here." dae su is the most hungry looking from the rest of us. and he finishes the chunk without stopping at all, not knowing joon yeong is staring at him waiting for his ration.

"hey, joon yeong didn't eat. how could you eat it all?" wu jin immediately confront him. dae su looked at joon yeong that is staring at him with a poker face. "i- i thought i was the last, i'm sorry." he apologized. "damn it. hey, let's just put on our protective pads." spoke mi jin with a calm voice. "that asshole." she pointed spechlessly at dae su before walking off.

i just smiled at how calmly she just talked while still being mi jin herself.

i began to carry the yellow box filled with stuff we're gonna use for the protective pads. place it down on the floor for us to pick some ourselves.

the others have already started picking out and wrapping some stuff around their bodies. cheong san handed each of us a pair of arm protection. "is it better if i go foot naked?" i joked to mi jin. she clicked her tongue, "wear your shoes." i chuckled at her response.

i began putting on the puffy gloves cheong san gave us. mi jin saw me struggling "here let me help. open your arms." she slide the gloves in and make sure it stays and i helped her put hers on too. she already have two baseball gloves on her shoulders.