chapter 14 - gwi nam

- mi jin's pov -

"what's that?" y/n questioned as we both heard stepping sounds in front of us. i pouted my lips with a confused cautious face.

"there is nothing there." said a figure who turns out to be ha ri. "oh. let's get back." i responded before turning around back to the others.

all eyes turned to us as we started sitting down. y/n's sitting between me and ha ri in front of the juniors. "i really think that's the only way out." spoke wu jin. "no. it drops into the basement on that side and there are exposed steel bars, so we can't jump down." i explained to him from what we just saw earlier. y/n just nodded to me. "that side faces the school, so there's no point." ha ri gestured to the left. "the ground is filled with zombies, so we'll die if we go down." i continued. "there's a door on the first floor that leads to the mountain. i think we have to go that way." y/n spoke out. "but it's full of zombies in there." dae su's response made most of us zone out into thinking.

"can't we reach the roof if we climb that and the windows?" questioned cheong san while pointing to the plaforms above us. "if someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow. then it'll empty out and the rest can escape." he explained. "i think that will work." su hyeok continued. "how the fuck will the person on the roof escape if we did that?" y/n asked knowing the answer to it. whoever it is that'll climb the roof can't escape. "if that's the only way-" the boy who suggested the idea responded. "no. please let's not have anyone sacrifice themselves." on jo replied. "i'm against it too--we agreed to survive together." "i feel the same." we might have nothing we can do right now but it's clear that no one wants anyone to die. not again.

"so do i." i catches y/n nodding to everyone "then let's wait for now." i pursed my lips after letting out a quick sigh. "and then what? do you have a plan?" asked the ponytailed woman curiously. "it might rain again and they'll hear us less."

"who knows when it'll rain?" she replied with another question. "my knees are aching, i think it'll rain soon. look at the sky." i replied while grinning at the sky. it's shining bright. "it's way too clear." said dae su beside me.

- y/n's pov -

i took of the sight from the sky back to mi jin to see her nodding while still looking up, slightly showing her dimples out. i think it's cute.

"do you hear that?" nam ra finally spoke. she's not quite of a talkative girl and that's not a problem, but hear what exactly? "hear what?" su hyeok represents my question. "they're telling us to take cover." she answered. "who is?"

"there'll be explosions. we need to take cover." nam ra explained. "explosions? what explosions?" fear is heard in the pink vested's voice. "listen again." said su hyeok in a calm voice. "hyosan intersection, future college and our school will be blown up." she repeated everything she just heard. "is the army going to fucking launch missiles at us?" ha ri's brother asked. "when?"

i creased my eyebrows together as panic started to hit to my whole body knowing we have nowhere safe to cover up. "they're not saying. they're just telling people to evacuate now." is there something wrong with nam ra that's making her hearing things that are probably miles away or is she just have a brilliant hearing? "fuck. where are we supposed to go?" mi jin cursed.

"won't we all die if we stay here?" the same vested girl questioned. "tell us everything you heard. do they say where to flee to?" i quickly asked nam ra. "they said hide underground or in bathrooms." i sighed. "what if it's a nuclear bomb?" she asked another question worriedly. "korea doesn't have nukes, get a grip." spoke dae su beside her. "whatever. they are still blowing up our school." "where are we supposed to take cover? there's nowhere to go." said wu jin.

"cheong san!!" a loud brutal scream is heard inside of the building we are on. so many questions pops up in my head. another alive human? aren't there a lot of zombies inside? who is it? why are they looking for cheong san?

"it's gwi nam." said cheong san himself, grabbing the baseball bat while standing up. "that asshole doesn't die." said dae su furiously.

"who is that?" spoke ha ri. "gwi nam? the 11th grade bully?" i whispered to them and got a few nods. i've heard a little about him before but why isn't he dead? is nam ra just like him? "maybe we misheard. it's quiet now." cheong san began to walk forward while everybody else stands up.

the plastic blind on the window we jumped few hours ago are opened and revealing the bully i heard about. he's wearing a 'one heart' jacket. grinning, except it wasn't a good sign. there is a huge scar on his left eye that looks quite new. "here you are."

i pull back the edge of mi jin's jacket sleeves to keep her away from the unfriendly figure. "cheong san!" su hyeok yelled at cheong san that's running towards gwi nam, swinging his bat at him before the bully took the back of his vest and slam him to the brick wall. he fell to the ground as gwi nam put his leg on cheong san's chest. such a derogatory.

i step a little forward, tighten up the grip on my knife and holding it in a stabbing position. su hyeok got a punch before he can even go for one. with this, the boy almost fell from the balcony before mi jin grabs his hand. "shit!"

gwi nam grabs cheong san's collar shirt, standing him up. "cheong san!" on jo's scream making gwi nam turned his attention to us and holding cheong san even more closer to falling, he began to tremble while trying to not fall. seeing him grinning makes me wanna throw up so badly. "come on, help me!" said mi jin to dae su before he helps her pull su hyeok up.

without thinking a lot more, i walk closer to gwi nam just to get held back by su hyeok. cheong san's still trying to get off from his grip with a couple of punches across gwi nam's face but it effects nothing to him.

gwi nam grabs his hand, twisting it before before biting. "cheong san!" on jo let out another scream of his name.

why would anyone normal bites off another human? is he a zombie? a talking one with a good hearing just like nam ra. i saw her left eye turning red at some times, that's probably why su hyeok tied a piece of cloth on her eye and that also means that cheong san might be infected.

i widened my eyes at my own thoughts and view of gwi nam biting off cheong san's skin, slamming his body to the wall and spitting the piece of skin out in front of us. the poor boy is still screaming in pain of his own bitten arm.

"no!" i yelled when i saw him getting ready to bite his neck next. thankfully he paused. it's not the yell that stopped him from biting cheong san's neck, it's the high pitched sound that began to be heard. nam ra squats down while covering her ears with both of her hands. it brings her pain from the sound and that proves my point, gwi nam is just like nam ra.

---

a/n i'm back!! final exams just started and i need to study. i'm also sure most of you are starting your final exams too, so good luck for the all of us <3 every votes are so appreciated and i'll see you on the next chapter!