Chapter 1).

Small note:
I wanted to let you all know that this book has many paired couples. Also you will find this book on Ao3.

Chapter 1:

HARRY POTTER POV:

It has been two months since the dead started to walk among us.
Before this mess started, I just wanted to spend a few months away from the wizarding world, just me and my son Teddy Remus Potter, who I had just recently blood adopted. Fred and George Weasley, my brother in all but blood, tagged along.

But during our last night in Atlanta, the world went to shit.
Shortly before the floo had shut down, Arthur had told us to stay put, so that is what we did. Mostly we stayed in our magical RV.

That brings us to now. We were about to head out to look for extra supplies. We didn't need them, but I wanted to make sure we had them.

"George, could you watch Ted while Fred and myself go and look around? I have put spells on the RV so that no one can hear or see you," I said to George.
"Yes, I can do that Har. Can you look out for any nice pad's and pen's please," asked George, which I confirmed.
During that question, I had looked over to Ted, who was still asleep. "Love you, my sweet boy. Mummy won't be long," I softly said to my sleeping son.

I grabbed my bow and sword while Fred grabbed his bow and hand knives.
First, we stopped at a store that had sold food. Fred shrunk our finds and put them in his bag. We also found some first aid boxes, which we took as well. We even found an unopened box with several different types of chips and a bit of chocolate.
We stumbled across some clothes and shoes and I found a box of twinkies. We had been in and out there in about an hour and 20 minutes.

As we started to make our way back to the RV, I could hear someone screaming for help.
"Fred, did you hear that as well?" I asked him.
"Yeah! Har, it did sound like it is coming from that building," replied Fred.
"Let's go and have a look." And that was all I said.

Fred and I apparated to the top of the building because we could hear the shouting coming from there.
What we found was a man who was cuffed to a pipe. How could anyone do that?
I could tell he was under the influence. As soon as Fred had the cuffs off of him, he looked at us and thanked us both.
"Thank you, old Merle thanks you. Them fuckers just left me," said the man whose name apparently was Merle.
"Listen, Merle, I can give you something to wash that shit out of you. It will make you feel better as well," I offered.
He looked at me and smiled. "Yes, old Merle would like that, darling," accepted Merle thankfully.
I reached into my bag to grab the correct potion, which I then passed to him to drink. As soon as he drank the potion, he started to feel better. There were no more drugs in his system.
"So darling, what is your name. I'm Dixon, Merle Dixon," he asked.

"I am Harriet Potter-Black and this is my brother Fred Weasley. He has a twin brother, George who is currently babysitting my son," I introduced.
"Wait, you that Harriet Potter that beat that mad one," he asked me.
"How do you know that?" I wanted to know with a bit of anger laced into my voice. Could Merle be a wizard?
"Because my mother was Dorea Black who was married to my father Charles Potter," he replied calmly.
Oh my, that means I have a blood family who was still alive. "Your my Dad's brother. You are my uncle." I was baffled and shocked.
"Yes, I am. My brother Daryl and I are squips. Dumbledore made our mother and father send us away. We ended up with adopted parents that abused us both." After he told me this, I shared with him that I went through a similar thing with my mums family. But now we had each other as family.
"Come, you can come and meet my son and my other brother. Fred and I will take you to our base," I said to him.
"Ok, baby niece." He replied.
I hugged him and then took him to the RV. I could not believe that I had a blood family out there, my dad's brothers. I was so happy to now have them, to know that they existed. But on the other hand, I got angrier at Dumbledore for withholding that information.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by my uncle Merle, who called out to me. "Baby niece, thank you again for saving me."
"You don't have to thank me, uncle Merle," I replied. "And this beauty is our RV."