chapter 7

Summary: Harriet does her best to save Jim while two old friends turn up to help with the walkers in the barn.

Wow, this is my longest chapter, (words 3446
). Thank you all for your comments and kudos. They really mean a lot to me.

CHAPTER 6).

RICK'S POV:

Watching as Hershel tried to save Jim was hard. He told us that Jim may not survive. I knew that Harriet may be able to help. So I asked if they would go and find my family and bring them to me.
Maggie tells me that she would go in search of my family for me.
I wish her good luck and tell her where to find them. Then she is on her way.

I had the feeling that Jim may not survive this as the shrapnel is deeply embedded in his body.

Hershel told me there was a 10 present chance for Jim to survive, and I will take that chance. Jim is a part of this group. The screaming that was coming from Jim just broke me. I had to get out of this room. I made my way to the front porch and simply stood there, looking out to the surrounding land.

I heard the door being opened and footsteps coming beside me. I turned to see Merle standing there. "Jim is a strong person. He will pull through. He tries his dam hardiest," Merle tries to reassure me. I know Merle was right, but I feel like it is my fault.
"Look, I and the idjit are going to get medical supplies. I won't belong. Remember, keep my family safe," Merle tells me. I knew I would have to stay close to the farm, so I couldn't go with Merle.
"Ok, please try and not to take too long. Merle, you know that I will always look after the family," I replied.

I watched as Merle and Otis went in his jeep. I felt that I needed to do something. I just felt like I wasn't doing anything. I screamed in frustration. "Rick, it's going to be ok. I hear you, my love," I looked to see Harriet standing beside me.

The only thing I wanted to do was wrap my arms around her and just never let go. As I was wrapping my arms around her, the door once again opened, and standing there was Hershel. "You must be Miss Black. Please, I don't know how long Jim can hold on for. Please, call me Hersherl Miss Black," Hershel introduces himself to Harriet. Harriet pulls away from me to follow Hershel inside.

HARRIET POV:

After I made sure that Sophia got back to her mother. But before I could do anything a young adult was on a horse camping towards us. "Im looking for a Harriet potter-black." This women says. I slowly walked over to this women. "That's me. How do you now me." I simply said to her. "I'm am hear because I was sent here for you but your husband Rick. You have to come with me Jim has been shot." She tells me. I new that I needed to go with her. "Look lady first I ain't going with someone I don't know." I told her. She went on to tell me that her name was maggie.

I looked over to my family and group. I could tell that Daryl didn't trust this women. "Ok I will go with you." I told maggie. I got on the back of the horse and maggie went on to tell them we're to find the farm.

Once we had got to the said farm, and wow was all I could think. It was beautiful to look at, but all I needed was Rick. I turned to Maggie and told her to take me to Rick.
She told me to follow her so I did. I know that taking the kids with me was stupid but there is no way I was leaving my kids.

As I walked closer, to see another young girl approached me. I pulled Carl and Teddy close to me. "Hi, I'm Beth, It's nice to meet you. Your husband is in the room with my father," Beth says. "Thank you, Beth. You can call me Harriet, and these two are my Babies Carl and Teddy," I sweetly replied back to her.

I like the sound of Rick being called my husband. I didn't correct her once again. "Would you like me sister to watch your children while you go and see your husband. Beth will keep your children safe." Maggie says  to me.