just a taste

"Oi, Deku!" Bakugou Katsuki's voice cut through the relatively crowded common room of Class 2-A's dormitory, catching the attention of several other students aside from the one he was calling out for.

"Yes, Kacchan?" Midoriya Izuku replied to the approaching blond, not looking up from the phone he was texting on.

The freckled teen's apparent lack of interest in Katsuki's attempt at conversation seemed to irritate the taller boy. He stopped in front of the couch Izuku was slouched on, pulling the phone out of his hands with narrowed eyes.

"Look at me when I talk to you, nerd." His voice was low and sounded menacing, catching the rest of the students' attention that weren't already watching the duo intently.

By now, the entire common room was nonchalantly spying on the childhood friends-turned-enemies-turned-rivals-turned-frenemies-turned-friends-turned-whatever who were seemingly oblivious to their audience.

Izuku looked up at Katsuki, one brow arched. "And if I don't?"

Katsuki stared into the defiant green eyes beneath him, his own red ones narrowing even more if just for a moment before he scoffed a little. "Whatever, Deku." He shoved the top of Izuku's head backwards lightly, sending the shorter boy back into the couch as he tossed his phone back to him. Katsuki walked back the way he came from - the stairs - stopping at the entrance to the stairwell. "I guess you don't want me to show you the limited edition All Might merch I found."

The green haired boy's eyes lit up and he jumped off the couch to chase after the blond. "Wait, Kacchan, I'm sorry!"

By that point Katsuki was already in the stairwell and racing up the stairs, ignoring the yelling from Izuku to wait for him.

The duo passed by Jiro Kyouka and Yaoyorozu Momo as the two girls made their way to the common room hand in hand. They entered to find everyone staring at them. Or, more accurately, the staircase they emerged from.

"I'm guessing they just did something noteworthy here?" Kyouka inquired, following her girlfriend to the couch once occupied by Izuku.

Uraraka Ochako managed to nod, her head resting on the arm of the other couch with a long forgotten book in her lap. "It sure was...something."

"You could've cut the tension between them with a knife." Sero Hanta added from the kitchen where he was watching Sato Rikido bake everyone cupcakes.

"Or Kiri's quirked out arms." Kaminari Denki mumbled out through a mouthful of batter.

"Thanks, man." Kirishima Eijiro called to the electric blond as he walked by to head to the shower. Denki - once more through a mouthful of batter - called back a 'you're welcome'.

Momo was confused, looking around at her classmates. "There is always tension between Bakugou and Midoriya. Why is this time so special?"

Ashido Mina paused her stretches to sit down next to the tall girl. "It wasn't just any kind of tension, Yaomomo. It was - " The pink girl got up quickly and ran over to Iida Tenya, covering his ears, " - sexual tension."

She sat back down next to Momo and Kyouka, asking the rest of the witnesses if she was wrong. They all agreed with her.

Todoroki Shoto pulled out an earbud, glancing at the trio of girls on the other couch. "Are you talking about Bakugou and Midoriya?"

A hush fell over the common room and a weird tension filled the air.

The class had been convinced that Izuku and Katsuki were a couple during their first year at UA, especially after Katsuki was kidnapped by the League of Villains and Izuku had such a strong reaction to the news. They became even closer after they rescued Katsuki...until the blond failed his Provisional Licensing Exam.

They spent less and less time together, so everyone assumed they had a fight.

And then Asui Tsuyu and Hagakure Toru saw Shoto and Izuku kiss one night in Izuku's dorm room when the door was open.

The girls had been going to ask the green haired boy for help with an assignment and couldn't find him anywhere so they decided to check his dorm room and that's when they saw Izuku and Shoto kissing.

Tsuyu thought it was none of their business but Toru had already texted a picture to the class group chat.

Needless to say, Izuku, Katsuki, and Shoto all left the chat and avoided each other for a few weeks before acting like nothing happened one day out of the blue.

None of the three boys has explained what happened that day in Izuku's dorm no matter how persistent their respective squad members have been in questioning them.

After that situation, everyone in Class A thought Izuku and Katsuki - if they were ever even a couple - were done for good and had gone back to being frenemies or rivals or whatever they were. That is, until they found themselves witnessing situations like the one that just took place.

Then they would analyze and over analyze until their heads spun, trying to get to the bottom of one of the biggest mysteries in their class.

There were also some unspoken rules while doing so such as don't let Izuku and Katsuki know about what they were doing and avoid asking Shoto for help whenever possible due to the aforementioned situation. However, in avoiding asking Shoto for help, they may be wasting their most valuable asset.

Or avoiding giving information to the enemy.

Who's to say?