slip up

There was a pause before anyone did anything, panic gripping at their hearts and throats, constricting around them.

Ochako looked back to her friend with shaky hands. "I-I can't give CPR because of my quirk."

Mashirao knelt on the other side of Izuku, gesturing Ochako to back up. "I'll do CPR. Tsu, go get the AED. Kirishima, get Recovery Girl. Yaoyorozu, make an AED just in case."

"R-right." Momo gulped, getting to work on making the AED while Mashirao started on chest compressions.

In the monitor room, they had no idea what was happening, not having a visual on the area due to Denki's quirk short circuiting the nearby cameras. They finally caught a glimpse of Tsuyu and Eijiro sprinting from the area, panic and determination on their features as they moved as fast as they could.

"Where are they going? That isn't the way to the monitor room." Toru looked closer at their faces. "And why do they seem so shaken up? What happened?"

All Might grabbed the mic that connected to the students' earpieces, his face grim as he ran over possible scenarios in his head. "Team C and team D, we have no visuals. Please update us."

"I'm not sure what caused it, but Midoriya is down." Mezo's voice replied. "Kirishima is getting Recovery Girl. Ojiro has started CPR while Asui grabs an AED."

Katsuki and Shoto felt their heart stutter upon hearing that Izuku was getting CPR, instinctively reaching their hands towards each other.

"It's my fault, sir. I hit Midoriya in the head right after he was tased." Eijiro grunted. "So stupid! He was already down, there was no need for that."

"If anyone is to blame, it's me. I didn't check the voltage before I tased him."

All Might frowned, looking at the ten students still in the monitor room. "Stay here. I'm going to young Midoriya."

The retired pro ran from the monitor room, hearing the footsteps of his students behind him.

The group from the monitor room arrived at the scene at the same time as Eijiro, Recovery Girl, and Tsuyu with the AED. Mashirao was still doing CPR when they got there, stopping once they set the AED up.

Izuku's body jumped from the shock, the AED telling them to do more rounds of CPR.

"Damnit, nerd. You can't do this." Katsuki grumbled, eyes never leaving Izuku's still chest.

Shoto looked at Katsuki, subtly shifting his body closer to the blond and slipping his hand into Katsuki's, out of view of everyone. He squeezed his hand. "He'll pull through. This is Izuku we're talking about."

Katsuki squeezed Shoto's hand back, grateful for his presence.

A gasp came from the green haired teen, his eyes flying open. Izuku looked at everyone staring at him with worry, glancing down at the AED pads attached to his chest. "What...what happened?"

"Deku!" Ochako cried from her spot next to Izuku and across from Mashirao. "Oh, my goodness! You're okay!"

Izuku nodded slowly, eyes landing on the guilt plastered on Eijiro and Momo's faces. He remembered what happened right before everything went black, a wince crossing his features. "I'm sorry, you guys."

"No, Midoriya, we're sorry. We panicked and acted recklessly, leading to you getting severely hurt." Momo looked down at her fidgeting hands. "We should've done better."

"No, no! This is my fault." Izuku struggled to sit up, ignoring the way Ochako and Mashirao tried to force him back down. "I took things too far with the exercise, said some really mean things. I - hngk!"