fame-ish

savannah's POV :

i don't know if you're aware of this. but billie is somewhat famous now. i would call her fame-ish she has a song out and a few thousand followers. compared to everyone else on campus, she's a super star.

so going to class has been odd for her. and me too.

another thing i don't know if you're aware of but billie isn't out to the public. and to be honest neither am i.

if we're being honest i never necessarily thought of my sexuality before being with billie. i always just thought of my love towards people based on who they are. i never really thought of gender as a thing that attracts me to someone. i just liked them for who they are.

with that being said i had also never been in a long term relationship with a girl before. you know who and i were together for about a year and everyone perceived me as this straight girl.

not that i care how people at school would react, but we just didn't want to start a big thing. cause for some reason everyone thinks being on the queer spectrum is the biggest deal and everyone's business.

as well as people potentially using billie's queerness against her if she becomes really famous. which was easy because we're always all over each other anyways because we're best friends.

but was also hard because we couldn't do super intimate things like hold hands in the hallway or steal kisses in between classes. which sucked.

but we mutually decided to keep our relationship private. only family and close friends were let in on our relationship. and we liked it that way.

"music theory allows us to speak with other musicians in a common language. It serves as a short-hand for referring to important points in the music such as...?" professor plonka jabbered on. damn i love music but this chick is boooring.

billie raised her hand. "miss oconnell?" professor said, calling on billie. "well i mean there's tons of theories in music. " she stated. "some examples?" professor asked. "sheesh there's melody, rhythm, harmony, form, tonal systems, intervals, dissonance, composition, orch-" "okay okay thank you billie." professor interrupted.

i rolled my eyes at billie from across the room. she winked at me as she leaned back in her chair.

cocky motherfucker.

-

"why hello miss show off." i chanted as billie and i met up beside her car after school ended. she laughed, "hi gorgeous." we threw our bags in the trunk of dragon and as we were about to get in, someone approached us.

"hey.. billie?" he said. we both turned our heads to face him. it was some random kid in our historical music class. he was black and had a buzzcut and was wearing an adidas jacket and sweatpants.

"oh hey khalid what's good?" billie asked. "living the dream b, listen i know we haven't talked in a minute but i just wanted to tell you i listened to your song 'ocean eyes' the other day." he said, "it's honesty hella beautiful your voice sounds like velvet." he made a floaty motion with his hands.

this man was high as fuuuuck.

billie smiled, "thanks so much man, i appreciate it." he nodded, "yeah b no problem, yunno i make my own music too, tryna get my name in lights one day." he continued, "i heard you're already signed and shut? good for you b."

this dude reminded me a lot of fez from euphoria.

billie laughed. "yep i am. and i'm sure you'll make it one day bro, just gotta work that ass off and you'll get there." she said. khalid leaned in to dab up billie and she accepted. "alright imma see you later then billie." he said. "see ya." she replied as she waved him goodbye.