Fifth Chapter

11:10 am
Hawaii airport

Fifteen long and agonizing hours filled with Kaylee complaining about her outfit choice to Hayden's half conscious figure. By the end of the flight, Hayden's exhaustion from hardly any sleep during the precious night and the time zone difference. Had only been made worse despite him sleeping for around ten hours of the plane ride. With the plane having stopped twice to get more fuel, Hayden could not have a constant rest. With every stop, the twins whining and Natalie's groans about him and Kaylee being able to sit alone and Kaylee's complaints about Hayden and their father allowing her to wear jeans and a tight shirt increased. The hours Hayden didn't spend sleeping he was reading, not wanting to have his phone or iPad die, he didn't have much choice.

When the plane had landed at Hawaii's airport, Hayden could feel the almost suffocating heat despite it being night. The teen undid his seatbelt and shoved the last piece of chewing gum into his mouth, and stuffed the empty packet into his trouser pocket. He then gathered his hoodie and bag from the floor, checked he had everything before swiftly following Kaylee onto the isle, with the woman, who had been silent for the entire ride, following them.

Hayden and Kaylee continued walking away from the plane and into the airport, where they waited for everyone else.

"Can they hurry!" Kaylee whined after at least five minutes had passed.

"They're probably just at the toilets clam down." Hayden rolled his eyes and playfully nudged his little sister.

"I still can't believe Dad made you get Natalie that lemonade. She's twelve. I'm sure she's old enough to get a drink by herself." Kaylee tightened her fist around the strap of her backpack.

"Just get over it. It happened, it's done. Don't let it ruin this," Hayden said as Kaylee lent into his side.

"I won't, but if I hear Natalie whine like a three-year-old one more time, I swear-"

"How about we try to get along with them? The twins are probably going to be annoying and Faith's going to be silent. Just don't let her annoy you that much. I don't want you to be punished."

"I will. I might try to get close to Faith and leave bonding with the twins to you. You know I'm bad with toddlers," Kaylee said with a small laugh.

"Oh, I know. Remember when you screamed at that six-year-old in town 'cause he wouldn't stop screaming?" Hayden laughed.

"That was one time, Hayden!" Kaylee laughed as she punched Hayden's arm. "Should we sit together again on the coach to the hotel?"

"I thought you wanted to spend more time with Faith?" Hayden asked.

"Me and you, but if it's a three seater, then Faith as well. Deal?" Kaylee held out her free hand.

"Deal." Hayden shook her offered hand and rolled his eyes.

"What are you two making a deal about?" Josh asked as he walked over with a sleeping Skylar in his arm and his bag over his shoulder.

"Just that we're going to sit together on the coach," Hayden explained. "Nice bag." Hayden smirked, as he noticed the bright pink bag on Josh's shoulder.

"It's Faith's and for that comment, you can carry it." Josh smirked as he held out the bag, much to everyone's amusement.

With a bright smile on his face, Hayden accepted defeat and took the offered bag and split it on his arm so it was hanging close to his shoulder, then his own bag covered his back.

"You look amazing." Kaylee laughed as Hayden lightly shoved her. She held up her hands in mock defence before abandoning her brother and walked next to Faith. It only took seconds for the young girls to start a conversation.