Author's Note

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago (in 2004), I started writing a Mummy fanfiction. Eighteen (!!!) years later, I am still working to complete the final part of the trilogy. But as time has passed, new places to share fanfiction have opened up and become popular - like this one! So here I am, giving Wattpad an attempt as I approach the end. So here are some things you should know.

One. I started this when I was thirteen. I'd only just begun studying writing seriously, but when it came to fanfiction...everything went out the window. This story has undergone multiple rewrites, and I may be doing a few little ones here and there while uploading here, but it still is going to take some suspension of disbelief here and there. (Also, kindly keep in mind the atmosphere of the fanfiction world in the early 00s and forgive the portions that were once all songfic. I tried to cut them out and stitch the plot back together best I can. The writing gets progressively better, I promise. It matures.)

Two. As a result of not paying attention to anything I'd learned about writing, and originally intending to keep this to myself, I accidentally made this a modern AU. Well, modern for the time, but we'll pretend it hasn't been that long across writing the stories. We'll all just imagine that the Mummy took place in the 90s/00s, and The Mummy Returns in the 00s/10s. Tomb of the Dragon Emperor hadn't come out yet when I started this, so it can be disregarded. 

Three. As stated, this is a trilogy, with one short spinoff. The first two and the spinoff are completely written, and the final part is about halfway through. The writing is going slowly between this, another fanfiction project, and my manuscript, but by the time everything that's already been written is uploaded here, it should be finished. So, uh, no eighteen-year wait for you. Congratulations. 

Four. Mixing sour skittles and buttered popcorn is the best movie snack. This has nothing to do with the story, it's just something I thought you should know. 

Enjoy.

[this work can also be found on Ao3 under Gwen Bruce or gwenxbruce.]