Chapter 35 ~ Live.

<<6 days later in Y/n's POV>>

Upon waking up this morning, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary aside from that constant rush of fireworks in my veins, engraving Dream's name into my thoughts. Nearly a whole week of constantly trying to learn how to be in love.

I've learned a lot. Or at least I think I did. And I'm proud of myself for it. I've also learned enough to know that I'm ready to fall into the hands of Dream. I hear a few subtle taps from my bedroom window. It's late, and my guest is predictable.

I rush to put on my mask, pacing back to the window, excitedly. I slide open the curtains, and there I see that hauntingly beautiful mask right outside my window. Never did I think that one day it would be the favorite part of my day.

I slide up the glass, grabbing his hand. "What are you doing here?" I help him in, and I realize how stupid it was for me to ask that. We've been seeing each other for 6 days straight. 6 nights, rather.

He pulls the hood off his head, throwing himself onto my mattress. "Still waiting for you to vow your undying love for me." It's routine for him to say that now, and I no longer hate to say it, but I like it. No, I love it.

I love the way he phrases it. I love how he constantly mentions it. I love how he sounds like when he says it. But what I'm excited for the most is for when he hears me say it. He pats the spot next him on the bed, and I immediately throw myself on it.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders, tucking his other hand on the back of his head. "The festival's tomorrow." He tells me. That makes me cringe. "Do you know anything about what Schlatt has planned?" He asks me, but I shake my head no.

For all I know, Dream knows more than I do. He works with Schaltt, providing him all the materials Schlatt needs. "I stopped listening to their conversations after the ball last week." I say, talking about Schlatt and his assistant Quackity.

"Why did you?" I play with the strings of his hoodie, trying to distract myself from this conversation. I don't like talking about Schlatt, especially after that first intimate kiss we had at the ball.

I sigh, looking down at my lap, trying to avoid Dream's gaze. "It feels wrong." I whisper. "Listening to private conversations?" Dream questions. Listening to conversations you're not a part of may sound wrong, but that isn't the case.

I shake my head. "No." He tightens his grip around me. He does that when he feels worried. "Then what?" I don't want to worry him. Saying this might actually make him feel better. "After that kiss during the ball..." I look up at him.

"It was like I couldn't keep myself away from you. And listening to Schlatt or anything that has to do with Schlatt, it... it makes me feel guilty." I grab a pillow from my side, pressing my face into it.

"It almost feels like I'm cheating on you." I'm embarrassed. I shouldn't have said that. He pulls the pillow away from my masked face, cupping my chin. He's smiling. "Well, you're engaged." He tells me. "You're cheating on him." I guess he kind of has a point.

"But we're not together yet, so technically you aren't." I like how he uses the word yet. No, I actually love it. I smile, and he wraps both his arms around me like a blanket. "But either way..." He kisses the top of my head, and I can feel the rim of his mask brushing against my hair.

"We were never ones to follow the rules." He whispers into my ear, his breath running down my neck all the way to my back. I shiver, and he chuckles, running his hand down my arm like he's trying to memorize each and every one of the goosebumps he's given me.