Chapter 41 ~ You're staring.

<<1 month later Dream's POV>>

It's been a month. I assume this is normal. I did all the steps, and it must've worked. I visit her room everyday, and I notice the little changes. I noticed how her lips are no longer blue. I noticed how she's no longer pale.

I noticed how her wounds slowly healed. I noticed how her fingers twitch from time to time. And I'm surprised her body hasn't rotted. That could easily be a sign as to when she could be coming back.

And aside from the fact that she could be alive very soon, her brother is the opposite. After a conflict between Manburg and Pogtopia, Wilbur didn't make it to live another day. Tommy on the other hand hasn't reached out to me.

The last time I spoke to him was the last time I saw him. I'm concerned, but not concerned enough to go check up on him. Maybe he really wasn't my friend after all. I hear a few taps on my bedroom door.

I remember those first 2 weeks after Y/n died. I waited by my door, longing for her to knock. And every time someone did decide to knock, it wouldn't be her. After that I stopped waiting. It was pointless.

I pace to the door, swinging it open to see Sapnap and George. This is the first time ever since her death they came into my room together. "Hey." I say, weakly. And I say it as if it's a question. "Why are you here?" I ask.

"Just checking up on you." Sapnap answers, and as he does, I look over their shoulders to the room across. Y/n's room. It's closed, with no one guarding it. I told the guards to keep an eye on that room, and they always did. Why wasn't anyone there?

Before I could question it, Sapnap and George invite themselves into my room, and I'm forced to shut the door behind them. "Why isn't her room guarded?" I ask, slightly panicked. They shrug in unison. "Sam was the last one there." George explains. "He must've went to the bathroom."

I nod, putting that into my head. Someone will replace Sam's place, Dream. Don't panic. They'll get there soon, I tell myself repeatedly in my head. "Have you eaten anything today?" Sapnap asks, going through my things like the nosey man he is.

"I did." I say quickly, knowing it isn't all true. "He's lying." George confesses for me. "He's barely eaten anything in a month." I roll my eyes. Of course he knows. I throw myself back onto my bed, hiding under the covers. "Leave me alone." I groan.

"You can't sulk forever, Dream." I hear Sapnap say. I take my mask off from under the covers, and I bury my face into a pillow. They've seen my face, and I think almost everyone has by now, but I treat myself as if no one has. "Watch me." I respond.

I don't understand how they're so okay with this. "Dream." George sings out, trying to pry the blanket off of me. "Leave me alone, I want to sleep." My voice is muffled, as I repeat myself into a pillow. "It's 4 in the afternoon, Dream." Sapnap says.

I don't answer. I close my eyes, and I allow myself to fall into a deep sleep when I know they're still there. "Fine, but just so you know, if she ever does come back, you'll be too busy sleeping to see her before anyone else does." George says, as I hear them leave the room.

<<1 hour later>>

I wake up to a series of banging on my door. I put on my mask, getting out of bed lazily, knowing this must be one of their ways to get me out of bed. I open my door, but it isn't who I expected. My eyes widen, and my breathing starts to falter.

"Sir, it's Y/n." Sam says, panting, like he had just ran a dozen miles. I look over his shoulder, only to see Y/n's door is wide open, and she isn't on her bed. "There was a misunderstanding between the guards, and Punz had thou-" I cut him off.