I've changed but so have you

This story will have mention of suicide, self harm, and possibly anxiety. If you don't like that DO NOT READ.

(Izuku's POV)

Kacchan. Childhood friend, our mother's were friends before they met their husbands. I admired Kacchan for years, he was my best friend. Until I didn't get a quirk, that's when he gave me the nickname Deku. He still let me hang out with him and his friends, they just laughed and called me names. It changed in middle school though. I couldn't talk to him in class or he'd yell, he'd beat me after school til I couldn't see or I could barely walk. It got to the point where I couldn't look at him, In fear for myself. He stopped beating me one day, talking to me at all, or even looking at me. Until he found out I wanted to go to U.A, He burned my book, through it out the window, held me up and told me I should Jump off the roof. My neck burned, he was using his quirk on me, all I could do was cry when he left.

That's when it happened. I stood on the edge of roof, looking over at the sunset. I wasn't scared, I had no tears falling, no sadness, or fear. It was the best feeling.

Except, I didn't die. I woke up in a hospital.
Inko: "Izuku, your finally awake."
I stare at her blank faced. I'm not dead.
Inko: "Can you hear me?"
I just look away, still faced.
Izuku: "I was supposed to die." I say blankly
My mom grabbed my hand.
Inko: "No, you don't need to feel that, you are very loved."
I pulled my hand away.
Izuku: "I was never loved. You never did anything, never asked if I was ok, or helped me with any of the countless amounts of bruises and burns Kacchan gave me. If you loved me you would have stopped it the first time. Then maybe I wouldn't have felt the need to do what I did." I say my voice raising near the end.
Inko: "Izuku, im so sorry. Please-"
Izuku: "Get out."
Inko: "But-"
Izuku: "Get. Out."
Inko: "Izuku we can talk abo-"
Izuku: "Shut up! Get out!"

My mom never visited me at the hospital again. When I was discharged, I walked home. I was in a coma for two months apparently.
I stopped talking. I barely spoke now. I guess you could say I'm mute. Over the summer I saw on the news about Kacchan getting attacked by the sludge monster. I won't lie that I prayed he'd die.
I still want to be a hero so no one has to go through what I did. Nine months I trained in martial arts, stealth, and hacking. I looked for things at the beach and started making tools and things I could use in combat. I already had the U.A entrance exam and I'm now waiting to see if I made it.

"Knock! Knock! Knock!"
Inko: "Izuku, a letter came for you."
I walk and open the door.
Inko: "Here you go." She says handing the letter
Izuku: "Come in." And take the letter
She nods and sits on a chair in my room.

Dear Izuku Midoriya you earned 48 villain points and 28 rescue points, 76 total points leaving you in second place. We invite you to join U.A's class 1A.

-All Might

I look up at my mom with a shocked expression.
Inko: "Is that a good or bad face?"
I smile slightly, I haven't done that in a while.
Izuku: "I got in."
Her mouth dropped.
Inko: "I'm so proud of you, can I give you a hug?"
I nod, her engulfing me in a warm embrace.
I hug back, placing my head on hers as I'm taller than she is.
Inko: "I'm so proud of you Izuku, your doing so good." She says after she breaks the hug, a smile still lingering on her face.
Izuku: "Thank you." I say quietly.

•••
(Two months later)

(Katsuki's POV)
It's the first day at U.A, I just set my stuff down and got comfortable in my seat when Stupid four eyes comes up telling me to take my feet off my desk. I see the big door open out of the corner of my eye and a short boy with green hair walk in. I look over, shocked.
Katsuki: "Deku?"
He looks at me, his once shining green orbs now dull and lifeless. He waves, walking off, not before I notice the scar on his neck. The one I put there. I wave of guilt washes over me as I look forward at my desk. The yellow caterpillar of our teacher walks in.