Memories

I regret everything.
The images of him in my mind make it hard to think. His bloody lifeless body haunts me in my dreams.
Eijiro: "Hey! Earth to Bakugo!"
I snap my head towards him. Was I thinking about him again?
Katsuki: "What do you want shitty hair?"
Eijiro: "It's time for lunch."

•••
I sit at my usual table, only I lose interest in what they're talking about and instead find myself staring at Deku.
Eijiro: "You've been looking at the new kid a lot, you like him or something?"
Katsuki: "No, fuck off."
I walk out of the lunchroom to get some air. My thoughts are going crazy right now.
I thought he was dead until a week ago. I saw him laying there, his body covered in blood. His mom yelled at me for it, saying it was all my fault, she was right. I bullied him, I told him to kill himself, I'm a horrible person for it. And now, now he just shows back up, after two years of wishing I could take back my words, hoping he would reappear somehow, and the worst part is, I realized how much I needed him once he was gone.

My mind is running through loops and my body can't take it. I'm sitting on the floor by some lockers with my knees pulled up to my face, trying not to cry.

Izuku: "Kacchan?"
I shoot my head up.
He walks over to me slowly.
Izuku: "Are you okay?"
Katsuki: "You shouldn't care."
Izuku: "What? Why?"
Katsuki: "We're not friends, you should hate me, not try and talk to me, make sure I"M okay" I let out a pained laugh. Your pale, dead, face, just laying there surrounded by your blood, all the things your mom said to me afterwards. I can't get that out of my head."
He looks down.
Izuku: "I forgave you for that."
Katsuki: "I can't forgive myself."

The bell rings and the halls start filling with students going to their next classes.
I stand up, grabbing my things and walking away from Deku.

•••
I decided to walk home today. I need to have some way of getting my head cleared.
Walking by an old park I see a big oak tree, the one Deku and I played on when we were little since the branches hung so low. I walk over to it, ducking under branches to get to the trunk of the tree. I see none other than Deku, reading a book. He looks up at me and gives a small smile.
Izuku: "Looks like we both had the same idea."
I nod. I still have a chance to leave.
Izuku: "Come sit down with me."
Hesitant, I listen to him, finding a spot to sit next to him.
Katsuki: "I'm sorry." I say in an almost whisper.
Izuku: "I forgive you."
Katsuki: "Why?"
He leans his head on my shoulder, making me tense up a bit.
Izuku: "I know you're not a bad person, you feel bad for what you did and it hurt you too."
I relax a bit.
Izuku: "I'd like to try and be friends again."
Katsuki: "Me too."

The silence got Interrupted by Deku's phone ringing.
He lifts his head off my shoulder and answers the phone.
Izuku: "Hey Mom.............No I'm coming home soon.................Yeah I'm just reading like usual,....................No I haven't talk to him yet,...............okay I'll be home soon,......bye."
He puts his phone away and sighs.
Izuku: "I have to go now."
Katsuki: "Okay."
Izuku: "I'll see you later."
Katsuki: "Yeah."

•••

I got home at dusk, walking in the house and taking off my shoes. My mom walking in the living room.
Mitsuki: "Where we're you?"
Katsuki: "The tree in the park."
Mitsuki: "Isn't he back in school? Have you talked to him yet?"
I nod.
Katsuki: "He was at the tree too."
Mitsuki: "That's nice."
Katsuki: "Yeah, im gonna go to bed now."
Mitsuki: "Oh, Okay."

•••
(Izuku's POV)
I woke up a little later than usual so I had to rush around to get ready so I could eat the breakfast I promised my mom I would.
I run down the stairs, my backpack hitting the back of the couch as I get into the kitchen out of breath.
Inko: "Woah there speedster."
I laugh a bit and sit at the dining table.
Inko: "Running late today?"
Izuku: "Yup, but I promised I'd eat."
Inko: "Thank you, I'm glad you're trying. You don't have to eat very much." She says, putting a plate down in front of me.
Izuku: "Thank you."