Chapter 10

As soon as there was room to speak, the wind pillar, Sanemi, took this as his chance and started explaining the situation. His disdain and dislike for both Kamado siblings was obvious. Zenitsu could practically hear the hate oozing out from each and every word out of the man's mouth.

"I see, I apologize sincerely for surprising you all." Ubuyashiki Kagaya spoke while blinking calmly. "But I have given my approval to the Kamado siblings, and I hope you all will as well."

Gasps and noises of shock answered the master.

"I am reluctant to agree, Oyakata-sama."

"I flamboyantly oppose."

"I respect you with all my heart, master. But I cannot agree with this."

"...I won't remember anyway..."

"I will abide with your request, Oyakata-sama!"

All the pillars spoke their thoughts at the same time. Seeing as they had no plan on stopping, Kagaya put up one hand to silence them. The man gestured for his daughter to read a piece of paper, saying it was from the former pillar, Urokodaki Sakonji.

The letter explained how even in a stared state, Nezuko has refused and avoided eating any humans for the past two years. The girl continued reading, "-And if by chance that she does, Kamado Tanjiro, Urokodaki Sakonji, and Tomioka Giyuu will atone by committing seppuku."

Once again, gasps rung out in the wide-open space. One of those was Zenitsu. He was shocked. He knew before that if Nezuko were to harm humans, both siblings would be punished. But he didn't know they would be forced to cut their stomachs open. Not only them, but the former and current water pillar too.

It was cruel.

Zenitsu looked at Tanjiro's direction to find him crying.

And at the thought of his friend being forced to die, Zenitsu almost wanted to cry too. Tanjiro had never told them this. Maybe he didn't want his friends to worry or feel sad, so he hid it. But Zenitsu—and most probably Inosuke too—would've wanted to know. It would be horrible to just one day find out that your best friend cut their stomach open as punishment.

Even thought Tanjiro was probably trying to protect them, it didn't make Zenitsu feel better.

He should've known the corps wouldn't let the Kamados get away unscathed.

Kagaya smiled, "As for why both Kamado Tanjiro and Agatsuma Zentisu are here," The pillars looked at the blond's direction. The feeling of stares made Zenitsu instantly stiffen, "Both of them have come into contact with Kibutsuji."

Again, gasps of shock were heard, this time from everybody. Tanjiro even looked at his friend with wide eyes, showing his surprise.

Everybody talked over one another.

"What? Even though no hashira has ever seen him?"

"These two..."

"That's..."

As soon as Zenitsu looked back at the pillars behind him, they sprang into action.

"Oi, blondie, tell us what he looked like!"

"No! ask about his abilities first!"

"Does he know the location of the headquarters?"

"What about you, Kamado? Tell us his powers!"

"Did you battle him?..."

"Oi, yellow, answer!"

Zenitsu sputtered, "Uh-" he was caught off guard. He did not think the master was aware of his encounter with the demon king.