Chapter 17

Note:  Hey guys! Long time no see! Before moving on to the next chapter, I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you guys to take action to save our planet. You may have heard about the recent news about the NASA scientist. And although I do not have a big following, I still want to use this platform to at least spread some awareness to this issue. Even if this is a small thing, it still has an impact.

Make sure to Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three "R's" to conserve natural resources and landfill space. Make sure to Educate people about the importance and value of our natural resources. Make sure to conserve water, plant trees, and lessen the use of cars to cut down on the carbon emissions. If possible, please also use Ecosia.org instead of google. Ecosia.org is an online search engine that plants trees for the searches you make.

Even the littlest things make a difference guys! Let's save our planet!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

******

The golden child survived.

The butterfly estate was in hysterics. The people, mostly kakushi's and trained medical professionals, rushed through the halls. The usually lively occupants of the mansion had not had any rest the whole day. The once vibrant, clean floors that screamed order was no where to be found. Red. They were stained with red.

The blood of Agatsuma Zenitsu and Kyoujuro Rengoku.

It came to everyone's shock when both the thunder breather and the flame hashira arrived barely hanging on to life. They were somewhat glad that the two had passed out, giving them an escape from the, no doubt, tortuous injuries they sustained. The medical professionals worked tirelessly, trying to get both to heal.

They couldn't lose another, not when they had already lost too many.

Kocho Shinobu stood still as she stared at the unmoving bodies of the two victims. She was covered in blood. Not in demon blood; the blood of her own comrades. The color was no longer vibrant. Instead, it was dark, almost like the rust commonly found in the old, worn-down metal of the estate's gate. The dried liquid was practically caked onto her skin. It had been hours, but she still felt restless.

Kyoujuro had managed to be stabilized after a few hours of surgery. Due to his training and experience as a pillar, he would probably wake up in a few days. The same could not be said however for the young boy. Zenitsu's body was close to shutting down when they got there. It was at the brink of death.

The worse part were his legs.

Shinobu didn't know much about thunder breathing, but according to the information she had managed to squeeze out of her fellow pillar, Uzui Tengen, the technique required extreme use of the lower body. If she had to guess, a normal human would have died before they even had the chance to operate. The recovery breathing really did work wonders.

But even that wasn't enough.

Kyoujuro's hashira body was programmed to heal quickly, but Zenitsu was a new slayer, and a child at that. Shinobu was unsure what side effects these injuries may cause. Despite not even spending a year as a demon slayer, he had already experienced such trauma.

Shinobu felt even worse when she remembered her own little sister was in the same age group. Imagining this happening to Kanao, it was nerve-wracking. The feeling turned suffocating when she recounted her last conversation with Kyoujuro. Shinobu was the one who recommended him and the kids for this mission.

Because of her, the flame pillar and the thunder breather almost lost their lives.

According to the story her sister had told her before, Agatsuma Zenitsu was a participant in the final selection a few months ago. Apparently, the boy had saved most of the other participants there. She remembered feeling quite impressed herself at the news.