Chapter 16

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a while. School has been really busy and I really needed to get a lot of shit done. Putangina, ang daming kailangang gawin patayin nyo nalang ako pls lang.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy!

"Hah? Looks like you've received some help, Kyoujuro! It's a shame, I'm not particularly fond of killing children." Akaza swung his fist swiftly, only missing Zenitsu's body by a hair.

"Nice moves." The demon tilted his body sideways, trying to land another hit. Zenitsu swung his blade, commanding the lighting up Akaza's arm. The demon hissed, yet still smirked at his opponent. "Maybe you're not as pathetic as you look."

Truthfully, Akaza was kind of impressed that the boy dared to even intervene. He didn't know why, but the first time he laid eyes on the thunder breather, he had assumed he was cowardly. Not to mention there was this inkling pulse at the back of his mind that made him uneasy—a feeling he rarely ever felt.

Why was he this bothered by a simple slayer?

"Agatsuma! Get out of here! I told you not to move!" Rengoku ceased swinging for a moment to stare at Zenitsu, his eyes pleading the boy to sit this one out and go back to safety. It had always been in Kyoujuro's nature to protect. As long as he was still standing, he would not allow any injuries to befall to any of his companions.

"Haha! Listen to Kyoujuro, kid," Akaza smirked, "This isn't your fight."

"I'm not leaving." Zenitsu tried not to let his voice waver. He held onto his sword tighter, fearing he might drop it from due to his sweaty palms.

Akaza gave a feigned pitying expression, "Then I guess you'll have to die." He swung again, this time jumping up in the air to propel himself forward.

"Remember this, Kyoujuro! When this kid dies, his death is on you-" The demon's words were cut off by the sudden feeling of a blade near his weak spot. Immediately, he jumped backward, avoiding the tip of the sword.

Damn it, so close!

The demon gave a crazed smile, followed by a joyous cackle, "That was a close call, kid. How about this, if you become a demon, I'll spare you. I want to see you at your full potential!" Akaza brought up the deal again.

Zenitsu glared at the demon. No sane slayer would agree to that deal. To become what he had vowed to kill? Idiotic. This demon was idiotic. "I'd rather die than become like you!" the blond yelled back.

"Suit yourself." Flames tickled the skin of Akaza as he quickly punched from left to right to avoid Kyoujuro's sword. He was in bliss! These slayers were putting up a good fight. He never wanted this feeling to end. He wanted more. He needed to see the two at their best.

Lightning and flames burned his ice-cold skin, smirching temporary scars all over.

And so Akaza gave his all.

With more energy than ever before, Akaza punched the ground below, effectively cracking the soil and causing a small quake.

------

The fight went on for an eternity.

Zenitsu sensed the slowly rising temperatures as the minutes passed by. Just a few more moments, the sun would rise. The blond's entire body felt like it was on fire. Every muscle burned and stung with exhaustion.

He was pushing his body to the limit just trying to keep up.

He hated this.

He wanted to crawl into a corner and hide.