22. Loud and proud

Standing in a nice dress while sunset I gripped the railing in balcony before someone tapped my shoulder. Turning around I looked at my parents. "Big day, huh?" Appa cracked a joke and I smiled. "Indeed."

"We'll be downstairs greeting the guest. Join us in few minutes for the announcement, okay?" I nodded and watched them go away with a proud smile. After all, the day finally arrived to reveal the heiress. Sick!

Standing at the base of stairs I looked through the huge crowd. News stations were still sending their reporters to cover the news, chaos at the entrance o let hem in before the official announcement but like printed in invitations, only close people would be allowed to enter first which mostly included famous businessmen and celebrities.

A sigh escaped my lips looking at my parents who were engaged n talking to someone around their age, old.

"Aren't you already ashamed on how you look like a catfish? Or you want me to kick you out?"

I turned around and saw Eunji looking at me with disgust as she and her friends still didn't believed how I came inside this lavish party. If only they knew it was my party.

"What are you waiting for? Get your poor ass out of here. People like you shouldn't belong here unless work as a servent." She snickered devilishly. After few seconds her smirk was replaced by clenched jaw after receiving no response. She wasn't worth of any attention at all.

"Get out you bitch!" She tried to tear my strap but I yanked her hand away after sending a glare. She started laughing out loud in sarcasm." Look at this bitch! Acting strong, huh? First you snatched my boyfriend and now pretending to be my equal." She was yelling and for sure it attracted everyone's eyes on us.

I pressed my lips together and fisted my skirt, looking straight into her eyes with intense fury. I was at the verge of exploding because of humiliation whereas I was supposed to punch her across face but couldn't do it because of paparazzi covering us.

"I can never be your equal because that would be such a shame." I said before tilting my head and went close. "You will know your place in few minutes and trust me, Eunji, be scared of time because you are not always the top tier." I snapped my fingers at her and went away, leaving her scoffing in agony of her ego.

I saw her on my way and dragged us away. "What was that?" Seyeon looked at me with a puzzled face as we walked away from that burning girl. "Nothing." I mumbled before grabbing a drink, definitely non-alcoholic, not letting drunkenness take control to spit nonsense.

I took a sip and ran my gaze through the gazillion people contributing their presence to witness the so called history which was nothing but a mere signature for me. Of course, it was very important step in life but it felt like a responsibility, a right I inherited to own it. It was in blood to have the ownership. I did not bragged about it but respected for being born in a family where my parents took care of me instead of enjoying luxury.

A high pitched ting took place and he mumbling noise stopped. All eyes got turned to stage where appa was holding his champagne glass while pulling eomma close to him. He glanced at me with a nod.

He said," I welcome every presence who will witness the history repeat itself. Years ago I was handed the responsibility and now I am so proud to announce that my blood, my only daughter is going to rule it."

Hearing his words so intimidating was giving me goosebumps. I rubbed my sweaty palms against the skirt and blinked few times before making an eye contact with my mother who was smiling at me. I smiled back and listened to his speech.

"Her identity was kept secret for security purposes but despite the pressure, she assured me of how capable she is. Ladies and gentlemen, I, the chairman of Yoon enterprises introduce you all to my daughter.... Yoon Y/N." His gaze go fixed on me with a smile while the crowed started murmuring.

Of course they would since I never made an official entry. Every pair of eyes were looking around in search of that one particular girl who would step up and claim the throne. Yet I was anxious of how they would perceive me.

A warm hand held my palm, squeezing it a bit. I looked up at Taehyung who whispered," Hwaeting! Ms. Yoon Y/N." He gave his signature grin which lightened my stress. The hall was still filled with anticipating guests and media until I walked through the crowd. Each click against the floor echoed as they went silent. My eyes only stared eomma and appa while the people in front of me divided to give me way.

I made eye contact with Eunji who was standing their with her jaw dropped. A smirk crept on my face when his father gave a slight bow to me, struggling to make daughter do the same. Karma was real.

'Fuck you' I thought and just flipped my hair to let her taste her own deed. That feeling was so overwhelming. Mr. Kim held my hand and helped me step to the stage. As I stood beside the Yoon family claps and cheers aroused in the air. I flashed a smile but then someone asked to stop the ceremony.

"It can't be true. She is definitely not the successor. A bitch like her never owned a single branded clothes and now we are being pranking by transferring that whole million worth company under her name. Huh!" said Seyeon before walking towards me.

I stood still, watching her every movement as she approached me with that disgusted look. Standing at a distance of an inch she said," Tell me it's a damn reality show where beggars you gets transformed into rich."

Tilting my head I said," Accept it. Like I said, we are not the same level." A smirk made it's way to my lips and I leaned forward to whisper in her ears. "I am much more valuable than a shit like you. " Sarcasm or arrogance, whatever I named it but of course it worked to piss her. She deserved a scolding, if not her parents then someone had to show her right position.

I pulled back with a wide grin. She lifted her hand to slap me but beating me in my own territory was such a bad moves. Basically the country would be my territory in few minutes.

Her hand was tightly grabbed in the air by none other than Mr. Kim. A group of bodyguards gave me cover and pointed their guns at her, just as the protocol my grandfather made for his successors. Her eyes widened watching my father pulling me behind him as he stepped ahead with a roar.

"Ms. Na, is this the way your parents raised you? How can you be so uncivilized to interfere in an important matter that means a lot of the host? And above all, you tried to beat my daughter in front of guests. You have such an audacity, don't you?"

I saw the veins getting popped out of appa's clenched fists. Eomma made her to way to him and tried to tame him a bit but the flare in his eyes denied to lessen. Eunji's father walked upto us and bowed before appa with a sincere apology. I was feeling bad for Mr. Na since his daughter did nothing but staining his image in front of all. If only she would have not been that bitchy and overconfident she would've been a great lady. But here she was, digging a hole for herself.

"I am sorry Mr. Yoon. She is still young and acts crazy. I apologize from her side. Please, forgive us."

"She's the right age to run a company but you say she's a kid? Huh! Take her out of here, this moment means a lot for me and I am not gonna let her ruin it." Mr. Na was ashamed of her. While he was dragging her out she kept saying how my surname wasn't Yoon but Kim. I shrugged it and continued with the ceremony. The legal documents were brought in front of me as I chin up looking at everyone.

"Are you ready for it?" Appa handed me his favorite pen and I answered," Since birth."

With a single curve of ink sprawling on the paper, smoothly like carving an art I finally signed it. Eomma caressed my hair and gave me a hug as the gathering again applauded with joy though some were not that happy with it.

"Congratulations." I thanked my parents and gave a hug to my best friend and his parents as I considered them like my own family. I even went to visit Mr. Kim and his son who were so happy for me. It felt good to be around people who actually cared for you.

"Come here, meet Mr. Park." I turned around and looked at a familiar old man. I gave him a bow and greeted. "And this is his son, Park Jimin."

Oh no no no no no!