Chapter 5: What's For Dinner?

(Mark's P.O.V)

Harris was in the cell, when suddenly a portal with a possible white glow in its centre showed up beneath his feet, and got transported to somewhere else.

"Wow! Those are some really good special effects for quite the black and white movie!" said my brother. And I just gave him that deadly glare, and he gulped.

The officer asked: "How is this possible?" And I replied with "It's magic. Plain, and simply magic" and he said "So... He played us like complete fools!" And I noticed on the footage again that he looked down very fast. Not slow enough.

This is the work of someone else entirely. And I know someone who may help, but I hope that motormouth was actually telling the truth this whole time.

(Vincent's P.O.V)

My mother was returning from her game of Poker. Empty handed when she got out... Even more empty handed when she got in the house.

I was busy doing something that would benefit her economically. I once suggested I should live here so that she gets all the help from the money I got, but it kind of triggered her. So instead I asked if I could live here, in Lake Mile, helping people for profit, and seeing Marlow and Tony, and she said I was welcomed anytime.

It was one way to tell her that didn't make her hysterical. And even more virtuous, coming from me, the great Vincent McCauley... Sci Fi Man... Whatever you want to call me, is that I didn't lie. Promised it to my mom, and I never lied since.

While I was working on some tool, I received a phone call. Someone is afraid and kind of paranoid that his life is in danger, and requires the services of the best superhero around.

Me.

(Mark's P.O.V)

We knocked on the door, and this woman opened the door holding a plushie in her hand.

"Hello Kathie!" Said my brother. She said "Hello, darling..." in a seductive manner while she was caressing his blushing buttcheek.

Another femme fatale. Of course. And I hate to admit it, but... I don't blame him.

"Oh?" she said and later crouched "You're the superhero's little brother?" I started to stutter before I started to compose myself "I- I- I- I- Yeah, of course." She then gave her full name. "I am Kathie Murcy, it's my pleasure to meet you" and later she winked. "My name is... Where's Stinson?" Said Mark at first while I continued the sentence.

Mark.

Not me.

She then said "He's in his room! He will be so glad to see you, sweetie!"

No one called us "Sweetie" in two years.

We finally entered inside. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"He's right there! He just finished recording his cartoon reviews for that uploading site" Said that whore... Slut... Whatever the adequate adjective is.

But then I stopped and then I asked "You're his babysitter, right?" to which she replied with a "Mmhmm"

Then I asked: "Do you happen to have any powers?" and then she transformed showing her wings, and her cleavage pink shirt turned into a pink corset similar to Wonder Woman's, and her pants were gone.

I've never blushed more in my seven years of life.

"Wow Kathie, you look stunning!" Said my brother, to which she replied with a kiss to him.

"Are you demons capable of summoning portals?" I interrogated while looking somewhere else. And she said "Oh, not really. We can teleport to hell, yes, but not summon a portal" And I said "Demonstrate" She then gave a smile and she teleported, but not opened up a portal.