Chapter 13: CPU

(Budweiser's P.O.V)

After I had quite a blast having dinner with Marlow, it's time I go home. I entered, and everything was perfectly normal... But then I saw a box of apple juice squished, with the juice being on the floor. And the markings...

Oh no.

I tried to go to the cave just to see if he got reactivated again, but it wasn't necessary. He was standing. Looking at me.

"Hello... Budweiser" said the prototype.

I couldn't move. I couldn't get my eyes off him.

"... How...?" I asked.

"Oh, I got reactivated by someone who was wandering in the cave. The next thing I know is that I can't do what I did in the past" He said.

"Morality or skill?" I asked.

"What do you think?" He replied.

"You shouldn't even be standing. You should be locked, scattered inside that canister. You should be rotting in hell, after what you did!" I said.

"I know. I do that again, I'll get deactivated again" He replied. "There's also the fact that you might be the source where power of all kinds surrounds you, so... I'll do what you will say, master" and he bowed down to me.

I am not sure what to do with him.

(Mark's P.O.V)

Vincent took me flying to the hospital.

"So... The ground exploded?" I asked, and he responded "That's how the other people found out. Whoever did that... Deserves to get beaten to a bloody pulp"

"What's the price?" I asked. And he replied "This time is not a matter of money, Mark. This time, it's personal"

Then I said "Cut ties, and stick to economical support. You can still treat your mom like trash while you are also helping her" and he asked "Why would I ever do that? I love my mom!" And I said "Trust me. It happened to me once, and it's something you don't want to experience anymore. Like finding out that Tony Chase is Budweiser, for instance"

Then he stopped flying, and asked "What?" and I said "It all makes perfect sense. Allow me to explain"

I got to explain everything and we managed to arrive at the hospital. Then Vincent told me "That's... I don't know. That whole bed thing... I have some trouble believing that, but on the other hand... It's true that Tony was the second smartest student in the school that me, Marlow, and he studied at" And I asked "And of course the smartest student in your school, that was meant to be you, am I wrong?" And then Vincent said "I don't have time to brag. A friend and brother needs us"

We arrived at the room where Marlow was in, but as soon as I smelled that perfume, I told Vincent I needed to go to the bathroom.

So I went to another corner. Sat down, and on my left, I saw another kid reading a comic with his white skinned hands.

"Oh, wow, this is going to be so surprising..." He said when reading with a sarcastic tone. And I told him "Can you please shut the fuck up?" and then, he pulled down the comic, revealing to my eyes a short white hair with a fringe.

"Uh... Alright?" he said. "Excuse me, it's that this comic is kind of predictable to read, and... Yeah. I tend to snark out loud"

I didn't even reply to that.

He then said "I'm here to get a vaccine, which won't be painful to receive AT ALL. You?"

I said "My brother almost died" and then he asked "Have... Have you found the responsible? Will you kill him?" and I replied "I am not quite sure what to answer to both questions" and he told me "I would."