Chapter 9: Burnt

(Marlow's P.O.V)

Poor Mark. Having to see all of these horrible things must have made him depressed. And too bad, because while he can be mean, he's still quite helpful in each case. Actually, if I remember correctly, we always end up solving the cases because of his smartness.

Someone knocked the door again, it was Mr Geom again. He was playing some Mario game on that... Weird Game Boy of his?

"Mr Smith, we have some new evidence regarding the incident. Please come with me"

Then I asked "Really?" and then he replied he was "80% sure" whatever that meant, but I think he was sure about this.

We arrived at the scene and I couldn't believe it!

"SALSA STAINS? BURNT OUT STUFF? OH NO! SOMEONE'S DINNER WAS RUINED!"

Everyone looked at me, and just clarified things to me.

"Oh, hehe... Sorry!" I said.

I looked at Mr Geom and he was as immobile as a statue, thinking. Then he moved his head slightly, looked very quickly at somewhere else, and walked somewhere else. I went to ask him "Are you alright, Geom?" and he replied: "What? I couldn't listen" and then I repeated the question again, and he said "Oh, yes, it just happens that I saw something over there. And also for a moment I thought I saw an eagle"

When we arrived, he pointed at some sort of burnt stuff on the wall, and he told me "Those things... Were found in the exact same apartment where all of this poop happened" And I asked him "What? What does it mean?"

Then he told me "It means that a battle happened there, and my instinct tells me... Budweiser killed them."

"Of course! It all makes sense! I think" I said.

And then he told me "We're going to need quite a lot of help, because Budweiser... Made quite a mess"

Then I told him "I have quite a lot of people helping me out! I will pay Vince some money, Kathie might have some fun, Stinson is going to help a lot with dangers we will not be aware of, and Mark..."

(Mark's P.O.V)

It's been some few days, and I can't erase those dead bodies off my head. Therefore meaning that in my current state, if I investigate it's going to be a load. The best thing I can do now is navigate the internet.

Same old shit. Playing the same flash games, watching the same videos... However there was one case that I've heard about as of late, and it's about an incident that happened in Finland.

Pekka Eric Auvinen, also known as NaturalSelector89 went to a school, and killed a lot of people there. He ended up taking his own life afterwards.

Imagine if someday, someone would start a massacre at my school. It would end up affecting everyone in the school to one degree or another. All of them in grief because they lost either a friend, or a family member, probably. And also having to see the corpses.

Then I realised... I am not like them. The least a situation like that could cause me is disgust me because the corpses are gruesome to look at.

I once saw an album cover last year, or two years ago. I can't quite remember. It featured the real life corpse of someone who killed himself with a shotgun.

I went to look at it on Google, and... It doesn't have any effect on me. Not anymore. It's not pleasant to look at, but I got used to it.

People wish the best for me... But they don't realise that not having loved ones, and ones that love you, is good. If there was an eighth deadly sin, it's love.

Not lust.

Love.

When Marlow dies, it's going to hurt deeply. But it's going to be the last time I will feel hurt. That, I just know.

I decided to call my brother to tell him only two words:

"I'm in"

(Rowling's P.O.V)

I bought some cake for my mentor, she seemed to like it. She gave me her thanks, and I just nodded.

"Glad I could help," I said in my emotionless tone.

Then Budweiser gave me a phone call.

"Rowling? There's someone that I want to taste oblivion"

Alright, that's the whole chapter! If you liked this story, please vote on it, and follow me. If you have constructive criticisms, don't hesitate to tell me, I need to hear them so I can improve my craft, which is my main mission as a writer. Also, a comment would be very nice to see here, as long as it has to do with the story in question.

I am Roger Kaos, thank you for reading.