Chapter 1: Prologue

Kay

It has been a full year. A full year where I got to do things I wouldn't have done if I would have stayed with Danny. That doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about him all the time. How things could have been if we were still together. Leilah, Dana and I were still living in London. Well Dara and Leilah mostly. I was always on the road. Wondering which city I had a gig in now. Turns out that being with Danny gave me a lot of publicity. People actually liked my songs. I wrote a whole album. More hearbreak songs then you can imagine. Not all sad songs, also a couple of up beat songs. Otherwise it wouldn't be in the top 10. I've watched The Script grow in their songs. All of the hits they made was amazing. I loved there new album No Sound Without Silence, Mark send me a copy from the album explaining who wrote it and why. That part was really emotional for me. Turns out that Danny has wrote a few more songs about me. Well not really about me, but how he felt. That was really heartbreaking.

'Kay are you ready for your interview?', Leilah asked. She was going with me to the interview I had in a few minutes. 'I am almost ready!', I yelled listening to a song from The Script on my IPhone. Never Seen Anything Quite Like You. I sang alone as I walked downstairs. 'Are you listening again', Leilah said and she sighted. 'What, it is a really good song', I defended myself. 'Yeah about you, don't make things harder for yourself', Leilah warned. 'I know. I'm sorry', I said. 'Look it's fine by me, it's just that I don't want to see you get hurt again', Leilah said. 'I know that, that is why you are amazing, were is Dana?', I asked. 'She is out with her boyfriend remember', Leilah said. 'Oh right, hey what happened between you and Glen?', I asked suddenly. 'Took you a long time', Leilah teased. 'Oh something happened?', I asked. 'Nah, not really, the day you and Danny broke up was the day that they went back too being The Script again, unavaileble for girls. Especially for girls like me', Leilah said. 'Oh I am so sorry Leilah, I know you two hitted off pretty fast', I said. 'Look it was nothing okay, we are friends now, it's fine, you and Danny were in a more heated relationship that was more important then mine, besides I just broke of the engagement with Andy, Glen would be a re-bound and I don't want him to feel that way', Leilah said. 'Leilah what would I do without you', I said with a smile. 'Nothing', Leilah said joking around. 'Because you've got Nothing!', I yelled and she smiled.

We went to the BBC studio's were I had my interview with Radio1. It was weird being back here. 'Hello and let's welcome The Voice winner 2013, the amazing Kay McClane, how does it feels to be back in the BBC studio's?', Anna asked. (Anna was the BBC Radio1 interviewer).

'Weird, it is really weird being back, I once came here almost every day, now I am back after a year, I guess that is my life now', I said. 'Your new single, let's talk about that, it's called 'All About You' what is it about, it's a really emotional song filled with beautiful lyrics, what or who is your inspiration', Anna asked.

I sighted. I knew that this was going to be a question. It was a hard one. 'You know as well as the rest of the world I think, I had a real though relationship with Danny O'Donoghue from The Script, who was at that time, my coach on The Voice. We had a lot of happy times. More happy times then sad. But when I lost our child we hit rock bottom with our relationship, it didn't end well. We've been broken up for a year now, things are a little bit better with me, but my songs tell a story how I really feel without saying it outloud', I said.

Anna looked a bit sad by the news of my relationship with Danny and the news about the baby. 'Do you ever think about how it could have been if that stage didn't broke down during that performance', Anna asked. 'Of course I think about that, I think about that all the time. Please don't ask me that again, if I... no I can't think about that now, I can only sing about it, singing is what helps me.

'All About You tells a story that is touching a lot of people, I am touched by it', Anna said changing the subject quickly before I was going to burst out in tears in the middle of her interview. 'Thank you, that is what I hoped to achieve you know, people who are touched by my songs. Related to anything that happened in there lives, that is something Danny teached me', I said.

'Let's talk a bit about your time on The Voice indeed, you once said that you and Danny met before The Voice started, did the romance started then?', Anna asked. 'Maybe... ha no I think we both knew that we are going to meet again, well at least I did, I made it sound like a big mystery about him going to meet me again, pretty obvious I was meeting him again', I said. 'Romantic, okay well you are going to perform this song for us today live at the BBC Radio1 studio's, I wish you good luck, so everybody, Kay McClane with her new single 'All About You', Anna said smiling.

Why does she make sure to be so immature about these things, I don't want you to change around it In some time this love will end and all will be forgotten Then here someday we will laugh about it And you say that it's alright And I know that it's a lie From the black in your eyes

You don't have to do this on your own Like there's no one that cares about you You don't have to act like you're alone Like the walls are closing in around you

You don't have to pretend no one knows Like there's no one that understands you I'm not just some face you used to know I know all about you

And you should know that someone cares about you I know all about you

Here I am still holding on, you're finding ways to break the bonds, They're stronger than you realized You can say that I've not tried, I've let you down, left you behind But you're the one who's saying goodbye And you say that it's alright And I know that it's a lie From the black in your eyes

You don't have to do this on your own Like there's no one that cares about you You don't have to act like you're alone Like the walls are closing in around you

You don't have to pretend no one knows Like there's no one that understands you I'm not just some face you used to know I know all about you

And you should know that someone cares about you I know all about you And you should know that someone cares about you I know all about you

And you say that it's alright And I know that it's a lie From the black in your eyes

Here I am still holding on, you're finding ways to break the bonds, They're stronger than you realized And you can say that I've not tried, I've let you down, left you behind But you're the one who's saying goodbye

And you don't have to do this on your own Like there's no one that cares about you You don't have to act like you're alone Like the walls are closing in around you

You don't have to pretend no one knows Like there's no one that understands you I'm not just some face you used to know I know all about you I know all about you...

I smiled when I finished the song. 'Yeah that was beautiful. Well done', Anna said smiling. 'Kay McClane with 'All About You' thank you for this Kay, really beautiful, you may wait in the hall, I'll be there when our next artists are ready', Anna said. 'Thank you for having me, who are your next arists', I started. But she didn't had to say it because Danny, Mark and Glen walked into the BBC Radio1 studio...

This is a Birdy song. I made up the 'All About You' part. At least I thought I did. Turns out that there was actually a song with a title like that. I do not own the song, Birdy does. I hope you like the very first chapter from my sequel. Again, if you haven't read the first book. Please do. Next chapter will be from Danny. Don't forget to vote or comment.