Chapter 7: If You Could See Me Now part 1

Danny

I am a lucky man. She thinks that she is the lucky one, but I am, or we both are. We are lucky we found our way back to each other. Most people don't do that after a year of a break-up. Once you say 'let's take a break' it's usually over. Looks like we are one of those very view people that actually is back together and that's not all, we are getting married! If my old man could see me now.

'Sweetheart, I really enjoyed last night', I said when we sat in the car on our way to the BBC1 radio were I stopped her from going home. You can safely say that the BBC1 radio is like a special place for us. 'Babe, I want to do it all over again, I don't care when or where', she said with a smile. 'If Mark would ask if I am good, or the girls, what do you say?', I asked nervously. 'Oh Danny boy, we don't talk about that, we are all busy, but if they ever ask, I'm sure Mark wil ask it first, I am not going too lie', she said and she winked at me. 'What do you say too your mates?', she asked. 'Baby girl, that is between me and the lads, but as you said, I'm not going to lie', I said with a grin. We both laughed.

We arrived and it was the same interviewer we had last time. Anna. Same name as Kay's mother's name, that's how I remembered. 'Oooh so glad I get to interview you guys again', Anna said. 'Was your boss mad at ya?', I asked. Anna smiled. 'No he wasn't thanks to you guys getting back together and now getting married, that saved my job', Anna said.

We sat in front of the microphones from the radio and smiled. 'We are live in 3...2...1, now', a cameraman said.

'A welcome back to Danny O'Donoghue and Kay McClane, or should I say Kay O'Donoghue?', Anna asked. 'Not yet... but it's close', Kay said. 'How happy are you guys right now, I can just feel the love from here', Anna said. 'On a schale from 1 to 10, 100', I said with a smile to Kay. 'Can I just say that this was the best live proposal in the entire world, do you know how many views you had in one hour', Anna asked. 'Well?', Kay asked. '4 million views', Anna said. 'In one hour wow', I said. 'You are now known as the most romantic man on the planet, how many marriage proposals do you get on social media these days Danny', Anna asked. 'I don't count or read them all, some of them are pretty crazy, I think at least 50 a day', I said. 'Wow, good thing you are engaged now then', Anna asked. 'Best thing that ever happened to me', I said.

Anna asked some more questions and then finally it was time for the both of us to go back home. We were just turning the lock and kissed our way inside as we were scared the shit out of our pants.

'SURPRISE!' All of our friends were there, our parents, all my brothers and sister. We let each other go and smiled a bit ashamed. We were snogging each others face of, about to ripp the cloths of each other and there was our family.

'Mum, I can't believe you are here', I said as I hugged her. I wouldn't miss the engagement party would I now Daniel, since we all know that once everything goes live you have no time to tell us, we are not mad or hurt, we are only happy, we thought it would be perfect to come here', she said. 'Oooh mum, thank you so much', I said.

Kay was hugging her mother and her friends who all wanted to see the ring. 'Sis', I said smiling. Andi. Beautiful Andi. 'Hey girl', I said hugging her. 'Daniel, so happy to see you again, you are finally a man now, my romantic little brother, I saw it all live on tv and watched it again on YouTube, I had to cry', Andi said. I laughed. 'What did you do after?', my brother Ian asked. 'Well... I had a hotel, I took her to The Ritz', I said. 'The Ritz, holy shit, that place is like freaking expensive!', Ian said. 'She's worth it', I said.

Kay

I couldn't believe my mum and dad were here, flying from Dublin to London. 'Let me see girl', my mum said. 'Aaaaaw, he really loves you', my mum said. 'Mum, with or without the ring I love him right back, he is the best thing that ever happened to me, if you hadn't put me on The Voice, I wouldn't have met him', I said.