012

Or did I fool myself
My parents seemed so happy
I went with it and ran

~

"So, Y/L/N." Iwaizumi awkwardly trailed off which he should not have done.

"Iwaizumi." Y/L/N softly called out his name.

"I want to ask about what happened when I was drunk the other day." Iwaizumi replied.

"Sure, let's sit over there." Y/L/N was the first to walk towards their table, while Iwaizumi followed.

They both sat in the opposite sides of one another. At first, it was very awkward. They weren't looking at each other and kept fiddling with their hands under the table. Until, their order came and it broke the unwanted tension.

To Iwaizumi's surprise, it was a bit nostalgic for him. There was this one time after volleyball practice, they would get ramen close to their close that has a claw machine outside. Before eating, they would play to try and get the frog plushie. It wasn't easy, but after a few times they got it. Y/L/N was the one who kept the plushie.

"Hey, Y/L/N." Iwaizumi called out.

"Yes?" Y/L/N looked into Iwaizumi's eyes.

"Remember when we used to get ramen after practice, then play with the claw machine?" Iwaizumi chuckled.

"Oh, yeah. I remember how bad you were." Y/L/N teased.

"Now, don't spread rumors about me." Iwaizumi teased back.

They both chuckled and looked down at their bowl. It was almost empty and their smiles slowly faded. Y/L/N was hesitating to say something which Iwaizumi noticed.

"You can say it." Iwaizumi encouraged Y/L/N to say it or forever hold it in.

"I don't know if this is the right time to bring it up. I lost the plushie." Y/L/N confessed.

"Oh." Iwaizumi's shoulders slowly dropped.

He knew that it was years ago and it shouldn't be a big deal. Although, hearing it from Y/L/N made his heart drop. During that time, they had a big argument that could have resulted into a break-up. The frog plushie kind of saved their relationship that time.

"I'm sorry." Y/L/N spoke softly without looking at Iwaizumi.

"It's nothing. It's been years, Y/L/N." Iwaizumi said while forcing a small smile to let Y/L/N it's fine.

"About the other night." Y/L/N trailed off.

"Yes?" Iwaizumi was eager to know.

"You called me." Y/L/N blurted right out.

"Huh?" Iwaizumi sounded confused.

"You called me to join you. I recognized your drunken voice and figured you were just drunk." Y/L/N said.

"Oh." Iwaizumi replied.

"When I haven't got to where you were, you kept texting me about how much you love drinking." Y/L/N chuckled.

"Embarrassing." Iwaizumi slightly shook his head.

"There was a particular message that caught my attention, but Oikawa deleted it." Y/L/N said.

"What is it?" Iwaizumi asked.

"I think it's better if he told you." Y/L/N replied.

"Was it about you?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Do you want it to be about me?" Y/L/N asked back.

Iwaizumi's heartbeat got a bit faster than before. How could I not remember what happened? He asked himself. Oikawa is a huge pain in the ass if I asked him about the text.

"I'll tell you when I get my answer, too." Iwaizumi replied.

~ ~ ~
Here is another slow update. I apologize once again, but thank you for reading my book. I appreciate it very much.