Discovery

Lucifer sat at his desk chair and motioned for you to sit across from him, to which you obliged. There was a small silence between the two of you as you sat there. After a time of soft rustling of papers and miscellaneous folders, Lucifer spoke.

"Going straight to the point, while I was out today, I caught a glimpse of a news station from a TV store display. Have you seen the recent reports?" Lucifer asked, folding his hands over his knees, leaning back into his chair.

"No I have not seen the news sir." You replied. Did he really see you on the news? Burgs said that they didn't watch television.

He gave you a bit of a stare, like somehow he knew you were lying, but played it off. "Well, when I looked I saw a familiar figure, and it looked like you. Do you care to explain?"

"Me?" You cleared your throat, preparing for your biggest lie, to arguably the most intimidating man in this hell. "I think you're mistaken sir. I always manage to keep a low profile." It took all your will not to bite your tongue and tell him the truth.

You felt something slither around your leg, looking down, you see that a pale colored snake wrapped itself around your ankle. You assumed that it was cold. 

"Are you lying to me (Y/n)?" He leaned forward, staring daggers into you. Your nerves skyrocketed as he looked at you. You felt like the room was rising in temperature.

There was silence as you both stared at each other, you were trying not to show nervousness. What will happen if you try to lie again? Or tell the truth? Would he be disappointed or mad? Several thoughts went through your head at once, but you decided to come clean for the sake of your life possibly being in danger.

You took a small breath of preparation, balling your hands into fists on your lap. "It was me, sir. I don't know what really came over me. I'm sorry." You felt relieved after saying the truth.

"I see." He began tapping his clawed fingers on his desk in a rhythm. "Keep it up, I want to see your further potential. But don't let your other co-workers know." 

The snake slithered away from your ankle as you sighed a breath of relief. His compliment was oddly comforting, and left a strange feeling in your chest.

"I won't let you down sir, I promise." You stood up from the chair. He nodded.

"Keep that promise. Now, you're dismissed." He waved a hand in the air and proceeded to go through the stacked folders on his desk.

You nodded and left quietly, shutting the door behind you. Once the door clicked shut, a wave of relief washed over you and your nerves relaxed. You were more than relieved that you didn't get into any trouble. 

Along with the relief, the feeling in your chest never left. It felt warm and content. Is this how you're supposed to feel after talking to his majesty? Should you tell Burgs about this feeling? Maybe he can help you discover what the new feeling is.

But you should ask tomorrow. You didn't realize how late it got while you were talking to Lucifer in his office. 

You headed to your room for the evening, skipping on dinner since you weren't that hungry tonight. Hopefully Burgs or Merida don't question you about it too much tomorrow. When you got to your room, you decided to just lay down for the night. Having your nerves on high around his majesty left you exhausted.

~~~~

You were at the Overlord's Banquet, but instead of by the doors or the gate, you were standing next to Lucifer. Looking around, you didn't see his wife anywhere. Not even conversing with the higher Overlords.

"What are you looking for dear?" Lucifer turned to you and held your hand in his. You were startled at the action, even a bit flustered.

"Where's your wife, sir?" You asked, still confused. He chuckled and lifted your hand, softly kissing your knuckles.

"What a silly question, she's right here in front of me." He looked at you with soft eyes. 

This couldn't be right, could it? Lilith was always Lucifer's wife, what happened to her? You decided to play it off.

You smiled kindly at him. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." 

His smile was warm, a side of him that you never seen before. It made your chest swell with that unfamiliar feeling again. You both looked over the court in silence, watching everyone converse with each other. The Ars Goetia family showed up again, which somehow surprised you. 

You both went down to the floor, your arm wrapped around his as you walked down the stairs. This time being near him didn't make your nerves tense. It was quite the opposite. You heard him hum a tune as you both walked down.

Both of you greeted the many Overlords in the banquet tonight, talking about their goals in the following year. It was interesting to hear what they all had in mind, some of them wanted to sabotage each other, but to each their own.

After all the conversation, Lucifer pulled you to one of the balcony's overlooking the city, currently being overrun by Exterminators. 

"How is the evening treating you (Y/n)?" He asked you, taking your hand softly. 

"It's been wonderful. It's a shame the night has to end sometime." You replied. He nodded.

"Indeed, but the night isn't over yet, would you like to have this dance with me?" He asked, looking down at you with a smile. 

"Of course, I would love to dance." 

He began with a slow dance, with you mimicking his steps. The unfamiliar feeling in your chest came back, but it was more intense. 

You both danced in comforting silence him softy humming a rhythm to the dance. You were lost in thought while you both danced. Some things didn't make sense, but at this point, you didn't really care what was wrong. You enjoyed this feeling and closeness with him.

Without much warning, Lucifer's lips were on yours in a kiss. Time seemed to halt as you felt the soft touch.

~~