Not Miraculous Related

At that statement, my breath hitched.

The air around me felt intoxicating. After a full minute I managed to ask "What?"

I could feel her rolling her eyes even though we were miles away from each other.

"Regina's eldest daughter, Milliana, she's pregnant" she stated again.

I felt like my world just came crashing down.

How? Is she married? Why now?

So many questions invaded my thoughts. For some selfish reason I wanted to cry. My breathing hastened as my nostrils searched the atmosphere for any source of oxygen. I closed my eyes trying to process all this information.

"Don't tell Miss Regina I told you, she doesn't need alot of people knowing, and why are you acting like that, aren't you happy?"

No.

"Yea, anyways my sister needs me. Bye" and I hung up.

Calm down Delastine.

How could I calm down when my biggest fear was becoming a reality?

Regina was getting her wish, finally becoming a grandma, but would she forget me? I don't know.

She had two daughters, whom were both adults. I always got jealous of them and their mom's realtionship.

Regina was like a mother to me, but would she ever consider me a daughter to her?

All these thoughts flooded my mind. I felt sick. My heart ached out of agony and sadness.

Experiencing loss is a part of life

I didn't want to lose her. After becoming so attached to her for years.

All the hugs, sweet name calling, weird traits, unique bond we formed, I felt like I had lost it all. It didn't help that it had been two years since I last saw her. We do talk everyday,but does that mean anything?

Of course, she said to you that Milliana, Shonna-Lee and you are her three favorite girls that she'll never ignore.

At this point, maybe until she gets her grandchild, I'll only be a memory. Afterall, blood is thicker than water.

And just like that, i felt like I lost everything.

Random story alert!! How is it?