CHAPTER 17

Chuu is currently watching TV alone since the other members are practicing. She had some free time before working again in the evening.

"ugh... my arms are burning. I feel like it's about to pop off." Vivi came in.

Chuu noticed that Blood Moon already finished the practice. Following Vivi, Yves took off her shoes and headed to the kitchen.

"where are the others?" Chuu asked.

"Kimlip said she'll go out so Yeojin plead to come along so now they're out somewhere." Vivi explained. Chuu nodded at her. Vivi then went to her room.

Yves sat on the dining table, which the members rarely use, eating a banana and play with her phone. Chuu noticed she looks tired so she walked towards her.

"you wanna sit on the couch?" Chuu asked.

"um... no?" she looked up at Chuu. "that's why I sit here." Yves then looked back at her phone. Yves noticed Chuu walking away. "wait."

Chuu stopped and looked back.

"sit here." Yves asked her to accompany her which Chuu obliged.

They're just sitting in silence the whole time. Chuu felt a little uncomfortable so she checked her phone.

"how's work?" Yves asked. She noticed that Chuu was bored.

"it all good. I managed to finish everything in a short time. I thought I couldn't finish." Chuu smiled at her.

"I'm sorry." Yves remembered about the day they argued. "you can tell me if I bother you too much."

"what? No! not at all. What makes you say that?" Chuu frowned.

"I just feel like you're avoiding me." Yves threw her banana peel to the trash.

"I'm here now, aren't I?" Chuu stated.

"so you did avoiding me. you miss me already?" Yves hates the tense atmosphere. She decided to loosen it.

"I told you I'm not. I've been busy and now I'm here." Chuu didn't get the intention.

"alright. I'm sorry." Yves looked down, not showing any emotions. "I do miss you though."

"hm..." Chuu averted her gaze somewhere.

"can we cuddle tonight?" Yves looked at Chuu hopefully.

"I can't. we'll have a meeting." Chuu still avoiding any eye contact. Yves sighed.

"after that?" Yves kept trying.

Chuu is still holding herself. She shook her head no even when she misses her, like, a lot.

"I'm sorry." Chuu looked up at Yves.

"forget it. You did it again." Yves stood up. Chuu can't help it anymore.

"when I said that I can't sleep with you, doesn't mean that I'm avoiding you. I'm just..." Chuu almost slipped.

"just what?" Yves turned around and looked down at Chuu.

"you can't just ask me to sleep with you whenever you want. I wanna stop this." Chuu looked at Yves eyes. almost pleading.

"you... you didn't have feelings for me, do you?" Yves let out a soft voice. She felt like she's been hurting Chuu.

Chuu put her hand on Yves chest softly. She looked down to contain her tears.

"hey, are you crying?" Yves tried to lift her face up to see her. Chuu shook her head.

Instead of answering Yves, Chuu took a step hoping she would walk past her. Yves prevented her from walking away by grabbing her upper arm and held her.

"I- I didn't mean to hurt you. Please." Yves struggled choosing her words. "can- can we keep it professional?" Yves felt her chest being pushed.

"professional? Really?" Chuu shook her head in disbelieve. "that thing is long gone when we started sleeping together, sooyoung."

"just tell me what you want. I missed you." Yves ran her hand through her hair.

"I just want this to end. Like you said. Professional." Chuu said it to sound stern but it came out so desperate with a hint of regret.

Chuu gathered her stuff and walked out of the room with an aching heart.

Yves went to her room. it feels like how a breakup would feel. Instead of wasting her time thinking, she sleeps her pain away.

-

"why didn't you perform your song?" hyunjin asked with Heejin on her arm. She's on Blue Butterflies dorm right now.

"I just wanna give the other song exposure." Heejin smiled at her.

"okay." Hyunjin caressed her head. "I wanna sleep here tonight."

"then sleep here."

"I met Mr. Kang after practice. He noticed our closeness." Hyunjin sat up. "I feel like we'll have to reduce our meetings."

Heejin sat up too and pouted. She crossed her arms.

"don't pout. Makes me wanna kiss you." Hyunjin patted her head and chuckled.

"what if I miss you? Can we still see each other?"

"of course. Don't worry." Hyunjin sat up. She took her phone and bag. "I'll text you later."