3

Sakura silently walked on the streets of Konoha. She kicked a small pebble and watched as it tumbled to the side. It had been a hard month for her and her team. All the tasks about chasing cats and gardening were getting harder and harder every day. She swore that her feet would run away from her if she ever needs to do another task. She swore she had beaten Kakashi in the gardening task, but Rin still congratulated him. She let out a "hmph" and turned her head to the side. She didn't hate him, although, he always seemed to be full of himself. She did hear about his story and it did make her a bit sad, knowing her teammate went through that.

She decided that it was time to go to bed and said goodnight to her room and clothes. She knew tomorrow would be another hard task. She swore that the training their sensei put them through was progressively getting harder. She did notice that it was mostly stealth and weaponry, but she would tackle those lessons with excitement. That night, she went to sleep with a smile on her face.

*Timeskip*
She stood from afar and watched as Kakashi fell to the ground once more. She looked around and heard the sound of a kunai being thrown. She quickly dodged and sent a kunai flying back to the direction of the previous one. She quickly climbed down her tree and made her way to her teammate and winced as she saw a familiar kunai embedded into his shoulder. "Kakashi, can you move?" She asked and received a grunt. She looked around and managed to carry Kakashi to a hidden place and put her finger to her mouth. "I'll be back, so don't be stupid," she said and gave him a bright grin. She ran away and ran back into the woods screaming, " Hey bastards!! Over here!!" She only had time to dodge and started running away from the two ninja.

As minutes passed, she let out a gasp as she was kicked to the side. She had knocked out a ninja, but the other one refused to go down. She gasped for breath and managed to roll to avoid the foot at her stomach. Her face was aching and her arm was not doing better. "Minato-sensei, help," she whispered as she climbed up a tree. She kept climbing but failed to notice the arm reaching for her leg. One second she was seeing the trees and the second she was screaming in pain as she felt blood trickle from her cheek. Her back had met the ground and she shakily pulled out a kunai and backed into a tree. The shinobi jumped down and let a smirk form. "Kids shouldn't be playing games they can't win," he said and lunged. Sakura closed her eyes and raised her kunai to protect herself but felt no impact. She let some seconds pass and opened her eyes.

She gave a shaky grin at the sight of her sensei but frowned as he looked worried. "Sakura, you need medical attention. Your cheek," he stated and she shook her head. "Sensei I'm fine," she said and gave a thumbs up. She let out a breath out of relief and slumped into the tree. "Where's Rin?" She asked with hope and hoped she was okay. Minato let out a smile, "She's alright Sakura. Where's Kakashi?" Sakura gasped and stood up. "Don't worry sensei, I know where he is."

Sakura ran back to the spot and peaked inside. Kakashi looked up and his visible eye widened at the sight of his teammate. She gave a grin and gave him a thumbs up. "You're injured," he stated and stared at the nasty cut on her cheek and looked at the forming bruises on her arms. Sakura blinked and shook her head," That's alright nothing I can't handle." Kakashi silently stared and she knew, "You're my friend Kakashi, so I will do everything I can to protect you," Sakura quietly said, and Kakashi's eyes widened, "I might not say it, but you're my best friend. We'll stick together through thick and thin. I promise." Kakashi stared at his teammate and felt a warm feeling pass through him. She let out a small laugh, "I'll admit though, death almost had me but you can never defeat the future  Hokage!"