10

"I'm not coming back old man, but I thank you for taking care of me," she stated and turned to leave. "Do not thank me yet, you will return."

She was very grateful for the white tree man. According to him, he was lending her  his power, so she can move at unbelievable speed towards her friends. She figured she would call him swirly for now, because she had forgotten to ask for his name. Sakura could not keep the smile out of her face. She was finally going back to her home. Finally going back to Kushina's lovely cooking, Minato's aspiring lectures, and to being best friends with Rin. She was mostly excited about helping out people with Kakashi. He had really grown to be her partner in crime. She could picture it very vividly.

Running around the village, helping out the elderly, and being late sometimes to their team training. It wasn't her fault. If she wanted to be Hokage, she needed to win the people's hearts. Plus, her future bodyguard was tagging along with her, so she was very grateful for him. When she felt a drop of rain, she shook her head out of her thoughts. "It's raining?" She muttered and climbed the highest tree. "It is not," swirly stated, "It looks like a combination of water jutsu coming from that area over there," he pointed and she nodded. "Let's go."

"We're getting closer," swirly stated, and Sakura grinned. 'Finally, I get to see them, Rin, Kakashi, here I-....' The first thing she noticed was her best friend removing his hand from Rin's abdomen. His bloodied hand from the gaping hole in her abdomen. "Ka..kakashi," she muttered at the same time as Rin did, but he could not hear Sakura. She stayed in the woods only looking at the scene in front of her. "Kakashi, why?" She whispered with a strained voice. She stared as he took a step back and seemed to sway on his feet. She felt a cry escape her throat, as she noticed the number of enemy shinobi surrounding her two teammates and without thinking she rushed into the battlefield with a blood curling scream.

It had happened so quickly. She looked down at the blood on her hands and felt the blood on her body, but it did not matter as she stared down at the two bodies in front of her. She did not know who to go to first. The one that she knew was barely alive, or the one she knew was dead. She slowly walked to his unconscious body and knelt down. The tears she had been holding back and the anguished cry finally came out. "Kakashi, why?" She stated as she sobbed and held onto his body. "Why would you do that to our friend, our comrade?" "You promised me you would take care of each other, that you would stay safe. Why would you break your promise? How could you break it?"She muttered as she cried.

Kakashi knew he was dreaming. Kakashi knew he was hallucinating from pushing past his limits, but he swore he heard her voice. Her voice was full of pain and sadness. "Sakura," he muttered. Even if it was a dream or hallucination, he wanted to say his part. He tried, "I'm sorry," he whispered. He knew she was gone, so when he opened his eyes and saw her, he thanked Kami for letting him see her one last time. Even if it was a hallucination, Kakashi gave a pained smile and took her in one last time and closed his eyes.

Sakura took in a pained gasp and gently laid his body down. She took a shaky step back and another, she looked behind her and saw the stiff body of her comrade. She did not dare to hold Rin, but she could only stare. She was dead, gone. Sakura gave one last glance to the grey haired shinobi and ran back in tears.
————
Kakashi looked down at the frame he was holding. He slowly traced each figure with his pointer finger and paused as he reached Sakura. In his hallucination, Sakura had every right to be angry at him. He had heard her and and felt her tears land on his face. Kami was really messing with him that day. It was as if she was right there, holding him and crying on him. Many people had shown to Rin's memorial and many had given him their apologies. He did not deserve them. He had broken a promise.

He remembered their first meeting. "You're late, Sakura," he had stated, and all she did was blow her tongue at him. He had found it to be immature and would always argue with her. But he had found himself to be late with her, because she had managed to become part of his life. He gently put the frame down along with the others and let out a sigh. It was time to visit her.
——
"I will make a world of peace. No one has to die anymore, Sakura. You can change the world, stop the wars. All you have to do is go through a few obstacles."