Chapter Six: Phantom Thieves-Reestablished

NewWorldFool: Hello, everybody! The New World Fool and CloudStrife07 coming at ya with another exciting chapter of The Royal Strikers!

Now then, before we start, CloudStrife and I have a little announcement to make. First off, we can indeed confirm that a version of Persona 5: Royal will be happening after this story is completed. Also, you know how we said that there will be two original Jails, one for Inaba and one for Port Island? Welllllll... we talked it over, and decided that there won't be two original Jails...

There will actually be THREE. One for Inaba, one for Tatsumi Port Island, and one for Fukuoka, which shall serve as a character arc for everyone's favorite redhead gymnast (and, without question, the best girl in all Persona 5 lore in general) Sumire Yoshizawa!

CloudStrife07: One of the original plans for this third original Jail was for it to be set in either Mikage-Cho (the location from Persona 1) or Sumaru City (Persona 2 duology). However, since the plan was to use the locations, but not have the characters from their respective games show up, NewWorldFool felt that was both jumping a pretty sizable shark, as well as a pretty harsh middle finger to the fans of those games.

So I looked at all of the places that the Phantom Thieves have been to in the game, thinking I could see if we could use a place that has never been used before. As I reviewed all of the different places, I came to a fantastic realization that we could actually take advantage of using Fukuoka, which was simply used as a resting stop for the gang in the original game. But of course, in this fic, (as Commander Lilith of the Crimson Raiders once said): "Ain't no rest for the wicked."

NewWorldFool: Well, now that that's out of the way, I don't think either of us had anything else to talk about, so on that note, let us start the game!

Chapter Six

The Phantom Thieves - Reestablished

Good Morning Japan TV Studio-Morning

June 17th, 2017

Ren, Sumire, and Ann were all sitting among the small crowd that had been fortunate enough to be able to attend the filming, while Morgana sat concealed within Ren's bag.

Before leaving Leblanc to come to the studio, Ren had already talked with Sojiro about potentially bringing Akechi over to discuss important matters. At first, Sojiro was reluctant to even allow Akechi into the cafe, but after some talking things over and seeing how Ren at least trusts Akechi to not repeat what he attempted before, Sojiro ended up agreeing to it, Eve though he still hated Akechi's guts for all that he did and what he tried to do.

Ren made sure to send a text to everyone in the group chat about Sojiro agreeing to let Akechi come into the cafe, but Ren also heavily suggested that Akechi outta try not saying anything to Sojiro to avoid pissing him off any more than he already is and causing any potential violence in the cafe. Akechi responded with saying that he was offended that Ren actually thought he'd be stupid enough to do anything so stupid, to which Ren took as Akechi agreeing to his request.

"So, this is going out live, huh?" Morgana said as he poked his head out from the bag. "Even I'm starting to get a little nervous... you guys still good?"

"I'm fine, Morgana-senpai." Sumire muttered softly. "This isn't my first time being part of a live audience, so I'm already pretty used to it."

"More importantly, Morgana, stay in the bag!" Ann harshly whispered as she pushed Morgana back into Ren's bag. "If they find out we brought a pet in here, they'll kick us out."