Chapter Twelve: On The Open Road

NewWorldFool: Hello, everybody! How are you? The New World Fool and CloudStrife07 coming at ya with the next chapter of The Royal Strikers! Also, apologies for the delay. This one's on me this time, I've fallen into the addicting snare that is My Hero Academia.

CloudStrife07: I should also confess that this was just as much of my own fault. I've been horribly addicted to playing Baldur's Gate 3 for months, and I found it difficult to focus on anything else. In all honestly, I think I've come to truly fall in love with D&D games.

NewWorldFool: Now then, before we get started, one thing we should probably mention is that this story is not compliant with Persona 5 Tactica, nor the Repaint Your Heart DLC. We were working on this thing way before Tactica was announced, and we had the general blueprints set up before Tactica was even announced. As such, we would potentially have to adjust a lot of things to have this take place post-Tactica.

CloudStrife07: So, in order to save ourselves a massive headache, we decided that Tactica will not be canon to the storyline that The Royal Strikers is a part of.

Also, we also want to note that this chapter will be a rather short one compared to a lot of our previous chapters. We tried our best to make this chapter as filling as we could possibly make it while still making sure that we didn't end up deciding to go over our original finish line. We cannot say for certain whether the next chapter will be just as long as this chapter, or if it'll be any longer, but just know that we still have some very fun moments planned for it. We greatly thank you all for your patience with this chapter.

NewWorldFool: So, without further adieu, let's go ahead and jump into this brand-new chapter!

Chapter Twelve

On The Open Road

The Phantom Thieves camper and Akechi's black car both drove along the long highways of Japan. The group had all been on the road for a good few hours already since they departed from Yongen-Jaya, and so far there haven't been any signs of a new Jail as of yet.

Inside of the camper, Ren, Sumire, Futaba, and Haru were all playing a game of Tycoon. They were already in the third round of this game, and Ren was currently the one to hold the Tycoon title.

"Here's a pair of 10s" Haru said as she placed her two cards down on the table.

"Oh no you don't, Haru!" Futaba declared as she placed a pair of two Kings on the table.

"I'll pass." Ren said, keeping his cards close to his chest.

"I will, too." Sumire responded.

Haru sighed. "I have no choice but to pass."

Futaba let out her usual gremlin laugh as she looked over two remaining cards in her hands.

"Try to beat my Ace!" Futaba cried out as she gently threw her Ace card onto the table.

Ren, on the other hand, had a very cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"You've just been bested, Futaba." Ren said as he threw a Joker card onto the table, causing Futaba to gulp.

Suddenly, Sumire's eyes lit up as she noticed her golden moment of opportunity.

"I don't think so, Senpai." Sumire declared as she placed a 3 of Spades on the table, Completely canceling out Ren's Joker card.

Ren looked over at his girlfriend with a face that looked like a mixture of the stink eye and an amused smirk.

"So you were the one who had it." Ren commented.