Chapter Seven: Down The Rabbit Hole

NewWorldFool: Hello, everybody, NewWorldFool and CloudStrife07 here, coming at ya with another new chapter of The Royal Strikers! But, before we start, if you have optical receptors of the functioning variety, you may have noticed that we have some shiny new cover art, courtesy of DarkRose–Chan, a fellow fan of Sumire and Akechi, so big thank you to her for that. Be sure to go check out her own project, Persona 5: Infinity, which is currently on hiatus and undergoing revisions, but what's there right now is awesome. You can find it on either Ao3 or Wattpad.

Also, I would like to apologize for the delay in getting this chapter out to you guys. The delay was mostly on my end. You see, I was getting ready to move into my new apartment and I needed to get everything set up and taken care of for my big move. But, now, everything should be settled down, so now I can focus on this thing once again.

CloudStrife07: As for me, I have been mainly focusing on working on and completing my math course for the second semester of my first year back to college. Also, I (admittedly) have been addicted to playing Persona Q for the past couple of months (I've played the P3 side of the game). And almost immediately after beating the P3 side of the game, like the next night, I unexpectedly came down with a cold that took a few days for me to recover from. But now that I'm healthy again and have no more distractions, I can better focus on the story.

NewWorldFool: Also, I would like to point out that pestering us over ideas in the reviews and comments will make us LESS likely to use them. Additionally, telling us to hurry up and update the story won't make us get the chapter out any faster, and might just result in delaying the release. Well, I don't think there's anything else to go over, so on that note, let us start the game!

Chapter Seven

Down The Rabbit Hole

The Jail of Lust-Entry Point

"All right! Let us commence the operation!" Joker said as he tugged on one of his gloves before turning to face his comrades. "We'll all just try doing the same old song and dance as before. Scout out the area, secure the route to the Treasure, send a calling card the next day, steal the Treasure, send the Shadow back to the target's real self by whatever means necessary, and then we yeet ourselves out of here as the place self-destructs... If we find out that this Jail is in any way different from our experiences in the Palaces, then we'll adjust our plans accordingly."

"Hold on! Shouldn't we be designating who's on the frontlines and who will follow from behind?" asked Mona.

"The Shadows are coming in far greater numbers than they did in the Palaces and Mementos. Odds are, even the backup members are going to be doing some fighting." Joker explained. "So I believe that sticking together as a bigger group is probably a safer bet, even if it makes it a bit easier for us to be detected by enemies."

"Hmm... Well, you're the leader, so if you think tackling this Jail as a single large group is the right call, I won't argue." said Mona.

"In any case, Mona, where did you say you were picking up that Treasure-like scent?" Queen asked

"I remember sensing something Treasure-like over that way, towards 705." Mona answered, pointing his paw towards the distorted, castle-like version of the 705 building.

"That's where you were taken when they captured you, right, Senpai?" asked Violet.

"Yeah, it was." replied Joker as he narrowed his eyes from behind his mask.

"Just thinkin' about it just pissess me off," said Skull. "That piece o' shit was so full of herself..."

"So, Alice is there now, huh?" said Panther.