Chapter Eleven: Travel Preparations

Chapter Eleven

Travel Preparations

June 21st, 2017

Kichijoji Sports Club - Noon

Ren was currently sitting in one of the guest chairs that sat against the walls inside of the gymnastics training room at the Kichijoji Sports Club while Morgana was sitting silently inside Ren's shoulder bag, watching Sumire as she practiced her rhythmic gymnastics routines with her coach and all the other students. Sumire was wearing her training clothes which consisted of a red sports tank top with a black sports bra underneath, a pair of black athletic tights that stopped halfway across her shins, a pair of black leather sneakers with red laces, and a blue hairband that kept her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

True to his word, Ren made sure to come over to Sumire's practice so he could accompany her as she asked Coach Hiraguchi for her permission to allow Sumire to do her gymnastics training as she traveled with Ren and the others across the country... Of course, Ren couldn't possibly actually tell Coach Hiraguchi that he'd be traveling around the entire country, so he figured it'd be better to simply say that he was going to Sapporo since that is one of the places he needed to go to. Although truth be told, the thought of asking Sumire's coach for such permission made Ren feel pretty nervous, but he was positive it wasn't nearly as much as the nervousness Sumire must have been feeling. However, seeing Sumire practice her routines, moving around like a dancing ballerina, was enough to help ease his nerves. Seeing Sumire move around like this reminded him of the time she performed her new style for gymnastics for her coach back in January, when everyone was stuck inside of Dr. Maruki's ideal reality, and even back when Sumire performed her little dance for Ren at the Shujin post-festival party back in October of last year. If he could, Ren would love to see Sumire dance for him again one day... or better yet, he would love to be able to dance with her.

A whole hour had passed by and the training session had officially come to an end. The students were now all panting in exhaustion from the intensity of Coach Hiraguchi's intense training exercise, which was to be expected since Ren remembered what Coach Hiraguchi said to Sumire back in January: The path to international gymnastics competitions is harsh and relentless.

"Alright, everyone!" Coach Hiraguchi addressed her students, catching all of their attention. "Good work today. Be sure to come back tomorrow at the same hour, and until then, you are all dismissed."

With that said, most of the other students had already begun grabbing their duffle bags and heading back to the locker rooms to change back into their regular clothes. However, Sumire stayed in the same position that she was standing in. She looked over at Ren, who in turn stood up from his chair, picked the Mona bag back up, placed it over his shoulder, and walked up to her. Ren could easily see in Sumire's eyes that she was definitely still very nervous about making this kind of request, even to the point where her hands were shaking.

Ren slowly reached out his right hand and grabbed a gentle hold of Sumire's left hand, softly stroking his thumb over her delicate skin and smiling softly at her. Slowly, Sumire began to feel her nervous feelings fade away. Although she was still feeling rather nervous, the gentle touch from her boyfriend's hand and his warm smile were enough to help ease Sumire's worries. Sumire then looked back over at Coach Hiraguchi, who was putting some of her own personal belongings into her duffle bag, before taking a big gulp and a sharp inhale.

"Coach...!" Sumire spoke loudly as she and Ren both walked up to the elder woman.

Coach Hiraguchi looked up from her duffle bag, at the young couple. She then gave Ren a friendly smile.