west side story

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"i've had a job, until you failed my family

"i've had a job, until you failed my family. so don't blame me not having a job for my problems"
╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝
personal:
name- ember cerise baudelaire
name meaning- ember (the smoldering remains when fire extinguishes), cerise (cherry), and baudelaire (dagger)
age- seventeen
nicknames- em (the jets), the jets princess (everyone), and princess (mockingly, the sharks)
personality- fitting for someone with her namesake, she has a very fiery personality. it takes a lot to get under her skin. things don't often get to her. she is however very sarcastic and has no problem trading insults with anyone, and occasionally has a fist to back her words up. she really hates fighting though. she is extremely protective and loyal to the people she cares about. ember also uses her looks and flirty personality to get what she wants. she didn't have the easiest childhood, like many of the jets, so she's gotten used to being manipulative to get whatever she needs. lies come easily to her, and she is once again willing to use them if necessary. she is very athletic, usually attending the dances or running to try and clear her mind. she is also creative, although most of her art is done illegally by painting on the sides of buildings, occasionally she can be heard humming very faintly to herself though. while, she might seem cold and manipulative, apart of her is also slightly childish. this side only comes out when she is with people that she is close to though. she would never do anything in public that might damage the reputation she has built for herself. she can hold her own, and hates having others feeling like they need to protect her. she knows what her abilities are and can't stand when someone underestimates what she is capable of. anytime someone does, it only drives her to prove them wrong. she can be annoying if it's someone she doesn't like, one of her favorite pastimes is getting under the shark's or the police officer's skin. she might occasionally push her luck, just to see how much she can truly get away with.
backstory- her parents ran a bar on the west side of new york. her mother passed away when she was only five, so she doesn't really remember her. when she turned fourteen, she began helping her father out at the bar. however only a year later it closed. ember was the only one there when the bar shut down. she didn't know what to do, since her father had left for a few minutes. she did the only thing that she knew how to do when she was scared. she took paint and began painting a wall behind an alley. when someone came down the alley, she thought for sure she was caught. it was the jets though. for some reason, she felt drawn to the group. she managed to charm her way in. she became very close to tony, but saw him as her older brother. for some reason, she always got into fights with anita. anita nicknamed her princess, as an insult. it stuck though and she became known as the jets princess. when tony almost killed someone, she swore off fighting and would do whatever she could do to stop rumbles. however, she still was there the night of the dance. after tony and maria were found out, she approached the girl. she didn't want to see tony get hurt again, and told her as much. once again, she begged riff to stop the rumble but it was no good. the day of the rumble, she begged them not to get the gun. when tony showed up, she tried to help him in taking it away. it broke her heart to betray riff though. she came to the rumble, despite the group's protests. when she watched riff die it broke her heart. one of the other jets came and held her back to stop her from doing something.
gender- female
sexuality- heterosexual
╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗