𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Everything seems perfectly fine in the light. The world is bright and happy and delicious. But you don't know what's around every corner. You can't know what's coming next The light may go out.
and leave you in the dark.

"Wait, you went where?" Jack asked Pruitt with a mouth full of food

"Hawaii." He nodded grabbing a box from his bag and handing it to him "Here, this is for you." Then Warren and tuck "And for you, young man. Chocolate covered. Very delicious."

"Can I have some?" Tuck looked at Ben

"When you eat your actual dinner." He took it from him "Mom won't let you keep coming to eat with me if all I do is fill you with sweets"

"So you just up and went to Hawaii?" Travis asked from beside y/n as they made their plates

"Yes he did" Andy answered passing behind the two

"Hawaii Hawaii?" Travis asked "With the luaus and the drinks inside the pineapples"

"I even got to climb a dormant volcano"
Pruitt nodded "It gives you some perspective on firefighting, let me tell you."

"Sorry, it's just a little hard to compute you relaxing" Travis walked to the table

"Wearing shorts." Y/n chuckled following him "Flip flops, and-"

"Did you put on one of those flower leis?" Travis asked as y/n sat next to him

"What is all this?" Vic asked walking into the room and grabbing a box of the chocolate

"Oh, my dad got Lei'd" Andy shrugged

"She... She, uh..." Ben looked at tuck "She means a necklace. You know, of... of flowers."

"The trip was a very spontaneous decision" Pruitt told them "One I do not regret."

"I'm all for spontaneous!" Y/n shrugged immediately taking a bite of her food after meeting jacks gaze

"Miller." Pruitt saw him walking I'm "Aloha."

"What's wrong with you?" Vic saw the look on his face

"I can't do it anymore." Miller shook his head as he sat down "My mother's list of possible dates is endless. How does she know this many people? How does she persuade them all to go on these dates? It's like waterboarding. But with small-talk and twinkly lights."

"I don't think you understand what waterboarding is" Vic looked at him as he sat down

"I don't either." Tuck agreed "What is it? Uh..."

"Hey, what..." Ben chuckled awkwardly "You want one of these now, actually?"

"I am exhausted." Miller groaned "I need it to stop."

"Can't you just make it stop by saying, 'Mom, I am stopping this now' " Y/n offered

"Yeah." Jack chuckled "You haven't met Dean's mom."

"It's all or nothing with her." Miller agreed "We struck a deal. Now, either I hold up my end of the bargain, or...there- there is no or."

"Sounds like the only way to win is to bring home a living, breathing girlfriend, on the list, or not." Vic shrugged taking a bite of her food "I-If your mom's that by the books, she's not gonna encourage you to cheat, right? "

"So, like a, fake girlfriend?" Tuck offered

"You're kind of small." Miller told him "But your ideas are big"

"Don't... Don't encourage him, Tuck." Ben pointed at him

"I'll do it." Y/n chuckled shrugging Miller looking at her as Jack watched her lean back in her seat "I'm hilarious. I've got a killer smile. You'd be lucky to have me. Turn this down, and you're missing out."