Why Didn't You Tell Us(S.J)

Get the tissues ready guys. Its an emotional roller-coaster

Y/N pov

Robbie and I have been best friends since college. I helped him to talk to Lizzie since I had worked with her. Recently I haven't been feeling the greatest so he decided to take me to the hospital. We're currently waiting for my test results.

"Hey everythings going to be fine." He reassured me as I just nodded. I was currently single and my parents had died in a car crash a couple of years ago. So it was pretty much just me and Robbie who is like a brother to me.

"Yeah it's probably nothing right." I shrugged before the doctor came in.

"Ms Y/L/N" the doctor said as they sat down. They had a sombre expression.

"What's wrong doc?" I asked them.

"I'm sorry but you have got stage 3 lung cancer. We want to start you on some intravenous chemotherapy as soon as possible." They told us as we both just sat there unable to say anything. "We will do regular tests to see if the treatment is working accordingly."

"What happens if it won't?" Robbie asked them.

"Well the only option would be to make her as comfortable as possible." They said sadly. I could see the tears in Robbie's eyes as they spoke were I was just numb. Everything seemed to go fuzzy as the doctors words ran around in my mind. I just couldn't believe it.

"So there's a high possibility for me to die?" I asked them bluntly

"The chances of the chemo working at this stage is very small but it is possible to work." They said.

"So if it weren't to work how long would I have left?" I asked them.

"Uhm you could have upto two years at the most. I'm so sorry that I couldn't give you better news." They said sadly as we both just nodded. "We will start to make arrangements for your treatment and will let you know. When you do come it would be best to be accompanied." They said as we stood up and shook hands.

"Thank you doc." I said quietly as we both left the room. We made it back to Robbie's car. We both sat in silence before he turned on the engine. I could tell that this had hit him hard.

"Are you going to tell the directors?" He asked me as we both drove to set.

"I have to. My contract doesn't expire for another 5 years. So I'm not really gonna be here." I said quietly.

"Dont say that. The treatment might work." He said softly.

"And there's a high chance that it won't. There's a high chance of not having a family of my own. I've always wanted kids and there's no point in asking Scar out either. I was gonna do that this week." I sighed out angry at the world.

"Hey everythings going to be OK?" He said as he parked up.

"No its not robbie. We both know how this plays out. I'm going to be dead in the next two years and there's nothing I can do about. There is a slim chance that it might work but let's just be realistic and not get our hopes up." I told him angrily before I started to walk away.

"Oh come on Y/N. Don't be like this." He said as he followed me.

"Be like what? Anyway I'm going to talk with Kevin so if you don't mind please don't tell Lizzie about this. I don't need anyone to find out." I said to him quietly so that people didn't over hear us.

"I won't. But we need to talk about this later." He told me as I just nodded and walked away to Kevin's office. I stood there and took a deep breath before I knocked.