Because You Love Me

hey readers this is my first time writing and i would love to know what you think of my story so feel free to leave a comment and give it a vote :D

Chapter 1

Hello my name is Tristian. Im twenty-three years old and live in a small town in the mountain ranges surrounding Crystal Lake. It's a peaceful town, the kind of place you would run away to. It's also great for hiking and camping in the summer and snow boarding and skiing in winter. To me it was a place to escape from heartbreaking memories.

I own my own small little cottage just outside of the town near the lake. I like it because it's away from nosey neighbors and noise. Just the sound of birds flying amongst the trees near the edge of the lake. Yes I live alone and no Im not afraid of being by myself. I guess you could say I prefer my privacy.

It wasn't always like this. I used to live in an apartment block in the city. I'd helped run an old second hand bookstore down town. The pay wasn't great but I enjoyed it. Id worked there for three years. That's when I met her. She was the most stunning and mysterious woman I had ever seen. She had beautiful long black hair and a nicely tanned body. She was just a bit shorter than me but the one thing that caught my attention was her eyes. They were the most piercing green eyes i'd ever seen. They reminded me of green pastures covered in dew in the early morning of spring. My heart ached for this woman.

She slowly but casually walked up to me and asked me what my name was. My hands started shaking and were beginning to sweat. My heart was racing. I swallowed down hard an smiled at her and told her that my name was Tristian. She smiled at me and told me that her name was Katey. I never knew someone so perfect could ever talk to a simple girl like me.. That day in the second hand bookstore I fell in love.

That was one of my favorite memories that always made me smile. I had many memories of us together. Some were perfect and some I never wanted to think about ever again. I try to forget the memory of that night in my apartment a year ago. It makes my eyes tear up and my throat tighten up every time I think about it.

It was a cold clear winter's night in the city. The moon was bright an full and lit the city up like the sun. Katey and I had been living together for two years. Yes we got together. It was love at first site if you can believe that.

Well on this night Katey seemed very alert almost nervous and distant and I was concerned about her. I asked what was wrong and she told me she had a headache and told me to go back to bed. So I kissed her and told her I loved her. It was midnight when I heard the door close and footsteps running down the hallway. I turned the lamp on and quickly put something on and raced out the apartment and ran down the hall out onto the cold cement floor outside the building. My heart was racing as I cried out her name looking both ways down the street with tears running down my face as I continued to scream her name. I couldnt see her anywhere an i felt my heart break when i realised i might not ever see her again.

I slowly walked back up to my room and closed the door. I went to my bed an sat down defeated as I rested my head into my hands. I looked up an noticed a piece of paper on the desk so I got up an grabbed it. It was a letter from Katey and it said:

Dear Tristian

Im sorry that I had to leave you like this but I had no choice. Im scared that I might hurt you. I've lived with this terrible secret for so long that I couldn't risk even you finding out. Tristian I left you.... Because I love you.

Because I love you.... Those words remained in my head for weeks after that till finally I decided to leave the city and start off fresh somewhere else. I couldn't stay there anymore because I couldn't bear to be reminded of the woman that broke my heart. That's how I ended up in this small town a year later living by myself. I must admit I do get lonely at times and that's when I think of her. I think of my beautiful Katey with her amazing smile and piercing green eyes and how happy we both were together till she left me. I think its time I got started on hiking again. I should get ready and leave tomorrow morning.