Because You Love Me - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The room was suddenly filled with tension as Katey stood now in her human form glaring at Lola. “Why are you here?” “Your mother and father sent me here to pass on a warning about your brother’s pack. Kane the new leader is threatening to kill you and claim your territory and make Tristian his mate. Your father will be sending his men to help you fight Kane and his pack. They shall be arriving in a week. Im sure they will be of standard.” “Well that is news to me. Tell my father that I accept the help but I will be the only one to fight Kane.” Katey looked at me as she ended her sentence. She did not approve of me fighting such dangerous life threatening battles.

I watched as Lola transformed into a large black wolf and run into the forest by the lake on her way to send word of Katey’s reply. “Where did you go I looked everywhere for you?” “Sorry Tristian I went for a run to stretch my muscles out after yesterday. I also sent for someone to deal with my brother’s body.” “You could have left me a note baby.” At that Katey walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me and kissed me softly on my lips. It felt like forever and I was left breathless when we parted lips.

There was so much to do to prepare for the new arrivals that will be helping Katey take down Kane’s pack. She was hardly home, always off running around getting stuff done. I had a wonderful dinner cooked when she finally settled down and relaxed with a nice cold beer. I decided to have a beer as well since I hadn’t had one for almost a week.

“Are you ok Katey?” “Yes Im fine baby why do ask?” “I ask because Im worried about you, you haven’t stopped since you heard the news baby.” “Im going to have a shower Tristian then Im going to bed Im tired would you like to join me?” “Yes baby id love to.”

That night I dreamt a strange dream.

It was midnight as the full moon shined brightly in the sky above me. I was in my wolf form with fur as white as snow. The lake was in front of me and I could see the reflection of the moon and the stars. The breeze felt warm on my fur as it swirled around me and moved the tops of the trees. It was peaceful and calm. I heard a rustling in the bush behind me and it was a brown wolf with black eyes. Kane approached cautiously but not in any means to harm. I watched him and wondered why he was here.

I felt tense and unsure as Kane looked me up and down in a stance of dominance. “What do you want Kane?” “I want you to become my mate after I kill Katey and claim her territory.” “What makes you think that I will become your mate and what makes you think that Katey will let you defeat her? If she could defeat and kill her own flesh and blood then killing you would be much easier.” Kane growled a warning at me, I guess he didn’t like the idea of being killed by a female.

“Just you wait Tristian, I will defeat her and I will claim her territory and you will become my mate even if I have to force you!” “I will kill you before I become your mate Kane!” This was said with a menacing growl as I stood my ground looking threatening. “Katey can’t save you here in your dreams!” Just as he said that Katey jumped out in her wolf form and knocked him to the ground growling viciously at him as she stood beside me. “Want to bet Kane! I may not be able to kill you in your dreams but I can do the next best thing and that is killing you in your wake.”

I awoke feeling hot and angry. How dare he invade my dreams and threaten me. After that I couldn’t sleep so I just laid there watching Katey toss and turn in her sleep wondering what she’s dreaming about now that Im awake? I held her hand and she began to relax so I kissed her lips and cuddled close to her.

“Good morning my beautiful did you have a lovely sleep?” Katey smiled at me and said yes then held me in her arms and kissed me passionately. I felt like I was in heaven when I was with her and before I knew it she had rolled me over and was kissing down my neck and my chest softly and lovingly. Her hands slid along my body smoothly making my body tingle at each touch. I wanted her so much that my heart ached for her kiss, her touch, her love for me. “Katey I love you so much I can’t bear to lose you. I’ve already lost you once Im not going to lose you again. You mean so much to me I just don’t know what I’d do without you.”

After Katey and I finished up in the bedroom we washed up in the shower. Just as we started to get busy again there was a knock at the door. I dried myself quickly and dressed whilst leaving Katey in the shower. As I was about to open the door the wolf in my told me to be weary so I asked who it was and was answered with its Katey’s cousin with the new recruits.

I asked her cousin what her name was and she told me it was Felicity. I allowed them to come in and had Felicity and the five new recruits wait in the lounge whist Katey was ready to see them.

“Felicity I didn’t know that uncle sent you to deliver the recruits?” “Hello Katey it’s been awhile and I couldn’t help but come along I missed you so much.” “I missed you to.” As Katey got acquainted with her cousin I sized up the recruits. There where four of the toughest looking men you could ever imagine and a young woman who looked just as tough as well as Katey’s cousin. Katey turned and looked at the recruits. “This is the day that you will join my pack as my trusted and loyal pack members. Kane and his pack won’t know what hit him when he fights us in the battle that will end this terrible feud. So let’s begin.”