C H A P T E R 9

Prince awoke to a bright light in his face, making him groan. He could feel his head pounding, letting him know he drank too much. I don't even drink like that. He sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes and hearing all his bones crack. He sighed, slight relief coming through. "This project got me stressing."

He yawned and looked over at the nightstand seeing all his things. He also saw a glass of water and some Advil which made him sigh in relief. He couldn't have taken that medication any faster. He shook his head to no one. "Never again. Ever."

He got up slowly, feeling like the world was spinning just a little. He made my way over to the bathroom, turning on the light, groaning. "Why the fuck everythin' so bright?"

He turned on the shower and stripped out of his clothes. It took a while to actually get them off, due to his disorientation, but he eventually got in the shower. As soon as the water hit him, he felt instant relief. He just stayed under while it beat on his back, loosening the muscles. He felt himself sobering up as his muscles relaxed. His mind wandered to the project and sighed. "This is a big one Prince. This is huge."

As he finished his shower and felt exponentially better than when he woke up, he grabbed his towel and dried himself off. As he did so, he tried to find some type of optimism on the situation. Taking over a specific street? No problem. But to take over majority of the city? Very big and very dangerous. That would not only make Prince very powerful, but untouchable as well. It was difficult to say the least, but Prince had faith in his team. Plus, as immature and dangerous this sounds, he wanted to test his limits. How strong was his empire? Whatever the answer to that question, he would accept it. Though he knew very well that this life was forever, he also was aware that you couldn't stay forever. He had no plans to pass this burden to anyone and was fine with the BGC empire dying with him. He looked himself in the mirror, a reflection of the man who ran BGC staring back at him. "I have lived the life I wanted to. Whatever's next, Imma welcome it wit open arms. I got to and will do my best all day every day."

He left the bathroom, getting dressed and making his way downstairs. He saw Mira sitting at the island, laptop in front of her, sipping from a mug. She was focused on her screen but ye could tell that he had her attention. He went straight to the coffee pot but felt that it was warm. "Your mug and plate in the microwave." She said.

He turned around and saw that she was still looking at her screen. He turned around, going straight the microwave. He knew she was trying to act unbothered, but he could tell she was curious as to this morning. He opened it and pulled them both out, seeing they were still warm. "How is it-"

"Brewed when you was gettin' ready." She answered.

He raised an eyebrow, grabbing a fork from one of the drawers. "You heard me get up?"

"I was waitin' for you to wake up."

"Really?" He asked, raising the fork to his mouth, taking a bite.

She nodded. He nodded, keeping silent which he knew would make her fidgety. "You seemed very drunk earlier. I had to carry you upstairs and everythin'." She broke the silence.

He paused and looked at her. "You did?"

"Yup." She finally looked at him but with worry in her eyes. "Are you okay?"

He gave her a confused face. "Yeah why?"

"Well I've seen you drunk a number of times but passed out? Like passed out drunk? That's rare." She came over to him and placed her head on his forehead. "Are you sure you not sick?"

He took her hand away, nodding. He rather not get into the reason because he himself didn't know why. "I'm alright. I'm just...things are just complex, but I should figure it out."