C H A P T E R 27

Rosco came back with a whole stack of folders, making Prince raise an eyebrow. "Goddamn Will." He said.

He chuckled. "It's a lot of these fuckas. You will need the history." He handed him a folder. "And current shit." He gave him another one. "Anything else?"

He looked at the two folders, seeing the Costo brothers' mugshots and saw they got into a fight together with...this made him look up at Will. "I need somethin' else from you."

**

The crew were all currently in the kitchen and Torie was going back and forth with Layz for letting Prince leave. Aaron watched this silently, his mind on both Prince and something else.

"So you mean to tell me that you just let that nigga leave!?" Torie asked Layz.

Layz sighed. "Whatchu want me to do? Stop him?"

"Yes nigga!" She huffed. "Prince is not stable right now."

"The man had his strap on him. I wasn-"

"He has a gun?" Torie's eyes widened. "What if he shoots up the whole city?"

"Man chill out." Layz sucked his teeth. "You exaggeratin'."

She took a deep breath and Aaron knew she was trying not to kill the man before him. She opened her eyes, zeroing in on him. "Layton. Princeton just found out the love of his life has been kidnapped. He's holdin' the anger of 1000 men right now. Do you think Prince gives a fuck about any of this right now or getting' blood spilled?"

Layz eyes widened but then relaxed. "Torie I ain't-"

"Whether you mean it or not, it don't matter." Torie sighed, knowing he wasn't truly at fault. "I just hope the streets is safe."

"What bout Prince?" Smoke asked. "You ain't worried 'bout him?"

"Prince ain't a suicidal nigga. He would rather watch the whole world burn before he kill himself." Torie sighed. "Mira told me so."

"He must really love her." Andrea sighed.

"Been together for a long time." Torie sighed.

"Imma look in his study to see if we can figure out where he went." Layz said.

The crew filed out, Torie following but Aaron had some questions for her.

"Torian." He called out, making her turn around. He could see the look of confusion on her face as he approached her. "You have somethin' to tell me right? About Mosey?"

She looked at him, her eyes meeting his. She then sighed, nodding. "Sure Aaron."

He nodded for them to leave the kitchen. She got up, leading towards the living room. He made sure they were out of earshot before he turned to her. "Explain."

She sighed. "How am I supposed to explain to you that Mosey is my Father?"

"Not that. Explain to me why you ain't tell me about it at all?! If yo Father is alive then who the fuck did we bury? Who the hell walked down the aisle?"

"My Dad did. Mosey is my Father, Daryl was my Dad. He raised me not fuckin' Mosey. Daryl signed my birth certificate not him. As far as I know, I had my Dad and my Father was fine wit it too. All he really cared about was using Prince." She sighed, feeling her emotions arise. "Look Aaron. I apologize for not tellin' you but I truly try to ex Mosey out of my life and act like he don't exist."

He sighed, seeing the slight pain on her face. "I'm sorry if my tone set you off. Its just really irritatin' to not know somethin' as vital as that."

She nodded, understanding. "What did he say?"