Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Harry Styles

"So what happened after he climbed up the tower and rescued her?"

"She rescues him right back,"

I don't know how long we've been sitting on this sofa, My lids now drooping and on edge of sleep, though I know I need to head home. At the end of the movie I tell myself, I switch on my phone for a moment seeing the display flash at 2:39 a.m. I take a breath releasing it towards the ceiling as I lay my head back, there's fucking trousers are uncomfortable I have to say.

I let myself close my eyes only the low hum of Pretty woman playing in the background, I'm pretty sure it's coming to an end but I can't seem to pull myself off the couch beside Iris. Not because she's here. Because... It's simply comfy.

I'm certain Iris is awake from the way she moves every once in a while curling up against the edge of the sofa. I debate getting her a blanket when she's in a restless pattern of seeking warmth but I decide not to as she would probably get a blanket herself if she were cold, I mean this is her house. I open my heavy eyes to see a few in the corner by my feet, I use my socked foot to kick up a blanket towards me partially expecting Iris to ask me to hand her one over but it never comes, so instead, I place it over myself and lull my head against the sofa again.

I sat on this sofa for two hours, becoming emotional about a love story between a hooker and some snobby fucking man. Despite my exhaustion, my eyes were focused on the screen, soon the picture started to become fuzzy from the way my eyes were dropping.

Iris went quiet halfway through, she wouldn't stop yapping about how she's so in love with Vivianne and Edward which led to a full-blown conversation about if she was a sex worker how she would want to bag a businessman, she brought up the topic not me... Which involved a lot of her trying to act out Vivianne and trying to push me into being Edward... Which ended up with us both thinking we could win Oscars.

Pretty woman is a fucking masterpiece I have to give Iris that,

I just don't understand how-

You know what... I'll keep that to myself.

I don't plan on falling asleep, just resting my eyes until the movie ends when I have to get out of her cosy apartment. If this was Dylans I'd be visiting all the time. It has a feeling of welcome and tranquillity unlike my apartment, I'd like to say my room is homely enough but is a few Polaroids the idea of solace?

I feel the pressure against my face, I'm so fucking tired. The last few weeks have been crazy, I've been non stop performing around venues all around the country, I can already see the bags underneath my eyes when I look in the mirror. The dark circles engulf my eyes, the way that they are constantly puffy. I just need to rest, rest after weeks on end of never giving myself a break.

'Pretty woman, walking down the street...'

I need to leave...

——

I feel warmth, nothing but warmth. Like a heavy blanket surrounding my body. I feel secure. It feels as though someone had taken a thousand blankets and pulled them around me, my eyes flutter open from the heat now jabbing me in the stomach.

My dull, blurred eyes catch not a blanket but an Iris. An Iris laying across my body, I'm still sitting upright, my head resting on my chest. A pain in my neck surges down my spine as I think more into it. Her head in my lap, legs and an arm curled up against the sofa, but she used my thighs as a pillow. The blanket covering me now covers her, the only warmth I have is from her body. I'm tempted to push her off but I have zero energy, I feel floaty. Her elbow dug into my stomach making it feel as though a bruise from the constant pain.