The Plan

Shadow and the others were together figuring out a plan to save you and Lily. 

"Eggman's lair will be wrapped with security without a doubt." Tails explained pointing to the map of his lair, "they will be in every hallway and every room."

"So the best way to get to (y/n) and Lily is walking on in the roof?" Sonic asked.

"Exactly." Tails answered.

"But all of us in the ceiling would cause us to collapse and get caught." Amy pointed out, "how do we prevent that?" 

"There are hidden pathways in the walls." Shadow spoke, walking up to the map, "Eggman was the one who created me. But he never knew where I went throughout the day."

He pointed to certain walls in the hallways, "these walls have secret pathways that I used to walk around. They lead to every room in the lair. If we split up and look in different rooms, it will be easy to find my wife and daughter."

Everyone smiled at Shadow.

"Very smart plan, Shadow." Sticks said, "you really are a big help."

Shadow smirked. He then brainstormed a plan.

"Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails will go down path A to look in the machine room, living room and the west closets. Sticks and Amy will go down path C to look in the bedrooms, kitchen, and the dungeon. I will go down path B that leads to the laboratory and locked storage rooms." Shadow explained pointing everything out.

"Are you sure you'll be okay to venture alone?" Knuckles asked.

"I know the area like the back of my hand." Shadow answered, "I'll be fine. Once one of us finds them, we signal where we are and wait for backup. Anything can happen and we will not survive if we try anything alone."

"Sounds like a plan." Tails smiled.

"When do we leave?" Sonic asked.

"Tonight." Shadow answered.