Winter Winds & warm hugs

Shadow's POV

My watch told me that the next emerald was in the winter lands. We walked for about an hour until we saw snow. "Alright let's look for this emerald." I said and started looking. Then I noticed that this was going to be hard since it was snowing hard and the emerald was probably blue or white. I stomped my foot in frustration.

I looked around for (y/n) but couldn't find her. "(Y/n)? Where are you?!" I yelled. I squint my eyes and saw her about 10 feet away hugging herself. I ran to her and said "(y/n) are you alright?" She nodded.

She was shivering and her fingers were blue. "No you're not, you're shivering because you're so cold." I said. "I'm not exactly a hedgehog I'm a human. But I'll get over it." She said sniffling. I started hugging her. "I'm not letting my friend shiver to death." I said.

I could feel her smile. She stopped shivering and said "you're so warm". "Well I AM a hedgehog." I smirked. "Oh stop your smirking." She said. I slightly chuckled as she walked away.

I followed her and my watch started making noises. "What is it?" She asked. "The emerald is close to us. Starts digging." I said getting in the snow. I shoved my hands in and out of the snow. "I found it!" (Y/n) said lifting it up.

"Great!" I said and she handed it to me. She covered her hands and I saw that her lips, hands, and ears were blue. "Omg (y/n) you're freezing." I said picking her up. "I'm fine." She said. "Listen I know you're trying to be tough but I know you're freezing right now. You can't stay in the winter with a tank top and shorts and say you're fine." I explained.

She sighed in defeat and closed her eyes. "I gotta get you some place warm." I said and ran off.

Your POV

I was freezing like crazy, but I didn't want Shadow to worry. But he figured it out. He picked me up and started running. I then passed out.

-2 hours later-

I woke up and felt warm and saw a fireplace next to me. I got up and walked outside. I didn't see Shadow anywhere. I heard trees falling and jumped a little. Shadow came breathing heavily with red glowing eyes.

I got a little scared. He turned normal and saw me. He ran to me and hugged me tight. "Uh hi?" I said a little confused. "I'm so glad you're okay." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. (🎤what do you mean🎤 lol sorry). "You passed out in my arms and I thought you were never going to wake up." He explained. He cares? "So you ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah." I said and we started walking.