Chapter V: Investigation

Nathan POV - 3 hours later

Reyes: "Save it for the actual bad guys... please?"

Her words rang through my mind as I put my chest piece over my gray hoodie. I placed the strap behind the armor and looked at my team. Carsen also had most of his armor, but under that was a black thermal long-sleeve, dark blue jeans, and his boots. Over his shoulder was his rifle bag. On the other hand, Andi found an almost exact civilian copy of her gear, except that it was in all black. Matt only put on his "armor up" kit and wore a parka. Once we were ready, we went to RWBY's dorm to review the plan.

I knocked on the door, and Weiss let us in. We were early, so we lounged around in the room until the time came. To my surprise, APX was in the room.

Carsen: "What brings you three here?"

Xander: "Did you guys seriously think that *points to Eclipse* Sneaky here can hide something from her team? Especially something this big?"

Eclipse: "In all honesty, I was hoping just this once."

Xander: "I know you are a bit of a troublemaker- (Ambrose: Try dating her.) but it involves us too. We're a team. Family even. When one gets involved, we all do, whether we like it or not."

A strange sensation went over me, and resurfacing memories started returning to me. I shook it off. Blake then left the bathroom, tightening the wraps around her arms.

Blake: "I thought the day would never end... especially with them fighting CRDL."

Andi: "Oi... It's not our fault they started it."

Ruby: "Alright, guys... today's the day! The investigation begins!"

Weiss: "Well, I'm glad you're taking this so seriously."

Yang: "Hey, we got a plan! That's... moderately serious."

Me: "Right. Now, does everyone remember their roles?"

Weiss: "Ruby, Matt, and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem."

Blake: "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If Eclipse and I can get in, we can determine their plans."

Carsen: "I'll be with you two, providing overwatch and support in case we get spotted."

Yang: "I have an old friend on the shady side of town who typically knows what's going on in Vale. Getting information from him shouldn't be too hard. Nate and Andi are going to accompany me."

Me: "Reyes will be in the hangar, providing any support she can. The Titans will also be on standby if the investigation goes south fast. *to APX* Since you three will be joining us-"

Ambrose: "I'll go with Ruby, Matt, and Weiss. Petro, go with Eclipse, Blake, and Carsen. Xander, you go with Nate, Andi, and Yang."

Ruby: "Great! We'll meet with Yang and her crew to review what we found. Let's do this!"

???: "Yeah!

Instincts kicked in as my team and I grabbed our sidearms and pointed them at the window. Only to add annoyance to see Sun hanging upside down from a tree branch. I tell my team to stand down as I grab him by the shirt and pull him in.

Me: "You're starting to develop a nasty habit of appearing out of nowhere."

Yang: "And how did you get up here?"

Sun: "Aw, it's easy. I do it all the time."

Weiss: "You do what!?"

Athena: "Appear out of nowhere with nothing to do?"